Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2009, 01:43 PM   #1

Hello from Alberta, Canada

Good day all from Alberta Canada.,
Well I do not have a camera yet. It won't be long though. Right now I am in the research and decision mode .
I have absolutely no experience and do not understand the whole concept of manual adjustments. I have only used a Point and shoot in the automatic mode. I am really excited to learn and I cant explain the desire I have to take up photography and create images like I have seen here.
The camera that I am seriously considering is the K200D. But to be honest I am a little overwhelmed by all the review sites out there. Some rate it good and some not so good.
I have so many question.
Looking forward to spending some time here.

01-14-2009, 05:12 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of good information here about the K200D and lots of helpful people. Also, can you please keep your cold weather up in Canada?
01-15-2009, 12:25 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum.

I was in the same position you're now in a few months ago and decided to get a bit methodical. (I have an engineering degree ) I made a list of the features that review sites talked about and rated their importance to me. If I decided it was something that wasn't important to me, e.g. Live View, I did a bit more research to see if there was something I didn't understand that might make it important. Then I tried to assess the quality of the reviews and their target audiences and decided which ones I'd trust. The final stage was to go through the reviews and compare the results weighted by my importance factor. The many comments like "best in the category" or "only one in the category with metal construction" or "only one with weather seals" more or less had me decided.

Then a local camera shop dropped their prices

Hope this helps.

Richard.
01-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you will enjoy your K200D when you get it.