Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #1

Hello From Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Hey Everyone.
Been using Pentax digitals for many many years now.
Went through so many point n shoot digi cams...
But LOVE my *istDS which I now have had for about 5 years now. Got it when it was first released.

I am STILL learning how to use this camera.

I take plenty of pictures and I do not usually edit my pictures...
But, now I have Photoshop so now I am learning how to use that program.
Do most of you edit your pictures??

currently in my Lowepro bag, I have...
Takumar 70-200 mm zoom
SMC Pentax DA 16-45 mm lense
Pentax M42 28mm f3.5 Wide Angle Lens Spotmatic
AF-360fgz Flash
Macro, Difuser, Polarize, and UV filter..

Anyways...
Hope to learn more about photography here....

01-14-2009, 08:14 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the Forum - there's lots to learn and share here.
01-14-2009, 08:34 PM   #3

Welcome! It's always nice to see more Ontarians around here. I hope you find this forum as invaluable as I have.

As for your question; recently I've begun to use Photoshop a lot less for post-processing as I'm finding it a lot more fun to try and achieve my vision using just the camera. However, Photoshop is certainly an asset if implemented correctly and responsibly.

The sort of editing I most frequently do is usually colour-balance, levels, and contrast-related. However, a lot of my earlier editing involved emphasizing the shadows in an image, but that's bordering more on graphic design than photography so I'll just stop before I get horse-whipped. :P Of course, as the photo editor for my school yearbook, I get my fair share of touchup duty, salvaging what I can of a sea of mainly pedestrian shots with ailments ranging from poor composition to heavy motion blur to the worst focusing ever seen by human eyes (some people just aren't made for MF).
01-15-2009, 01:52 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, there's quite a few from around you in here.