Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2009, 01:32 PM   #1

Medium to large size hello from Finland

Hello everybody

Got my first dSLR camera last july and since then have been on a ride full of learning. Photographed few years with a 3.2Mp Cybershot and when it broke down I was 2 years without a camera. Finally I got enough money to spare last summer and bought a k200d. One of the things that got me into Pentax cameras was the backward compatibility, weather resistant body, in-body stabilizer and how good the k200d fits to my hand. I tried C/N cameras but they seem to be so small for my hands.

Last month I was in a local bar and met a older guy who collects instruments (organs, accordions and other older music stuff) and he sat on our table to chat with us, later I overheard that he lives only few km from my parents place where I was staying at the time. I asked him can I take a photograph and he saw that I have a Pentax camera, being a bit drunk he said that he has Pentax ME and some stuff for that and I could have them if I want. Well did I? Hell yeah. He would've given me those for free but I offered him 50e for the pack with ME with winder and flash, Soligor 70-222mm f3.5 (a bit dusty), Pentax 50mm f1.4, Panagor 28mm f2.8 and a off-brand 2x teleconverter in good condition.

After getting the manual lenses I really started understanding and respecting photography, since then I've mostly used the 50mm and 28mm manual lenses.
Before that, photography has been more like a technical archiving of my life and work.

So, great to be here. Every day is learning for me and by the looks of k200d samples that camera is going to last for some time.

-Horst-Helmut

01-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I never realised hello's came in sizes.
01-18-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard!! Nice to get more people from Finland
01-19-2009, 05:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Large-size welcome, friend. Come in from the cold and pass some photos around.

01-19-2009, 10:11 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
HELLO! And a fullsize welcome! I wish you a good time in this forum, which I started to love a lot....
01-19-2009, 01:43 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum

Such a witty entry into the pentaxforums and look forward to your posts
01-20-2009, 04:11 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks people, seems a bit more warmer photography/camera forum than most finnish ones. Maybe because people aren't comparing manufacturers and models. "Shut up and shoot some more!"

There are 2 pics I uploaded but as I view them in different monitors it seems I didn't get the post processing quite right, I'm somewhat satisfied by the pictures as I tried to capture the patterns of light. I'd like to go and take some more shots and try to stack them to get the results I'm after, have to hurry because the greenhouse is being demolished.

At home I have to use my girlfriends laptop to store and process (Pentax photolab/Gimp) the shots, upload and then check them on my own computer which has old crt connected to it. So jumping from one computer to another motivates me to get the shots out of the camera as good as possible, but as I have said I'm only a beginner and every time I shoot I get some new ideas. Have to get into postprocessing a bit more, only if I had more time to do that. Back to school next week after 5 week vacation...
01-24-2009, 03:04 AM   #8
Inactive Account

You are most welcome, Helmut! Noticed your introduction just today. Now waiting for your posts and photos!