Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
Forum Member

A formal Introduction

Hello all!

I have been meaning to contribute more to this wonderful forum, but 2008 had been a busy year. I made a promise to myself to take a daily effort to shoot random images, and post as often as possible.

2008 had me busy shooting editorials for a few in-flight magazines, the Noosa Festival of Surfing in QLD, Australia, The Longboard Pro Open in La Union Philippines, the US Open of Surfing in Huntington Beach, the Triple Crown of Surfing in Hawaii and a few other local events here in HB.

I am one of the 'Pentaxian' Photographers, along with Master and 'die hard' Kerrick James, 'the natural' Julie Quarry, and 'the dynamic' Godfrey DiGiorgi featured in their Global website, as well as the bulk of the Marketing campaigns here in the US.

I make my living shooting lifestyle images that center around the Surfing world. I have always been proud to wave the Pentax flag because i always believed in their engineering, and what they stand for.

Pentax supports its users at the grassroots, and is one of the only companies I know of where the President is so personable and passionate about their end users. Name another company where the Head boss personally blogs, and participates in open forums, leaving himself wide open but always being honest and fair. Where product managers give you peaks at what is to come and often ask for user feedback.

I've always been a happy pentax user because they create the tools that suit my needs. The engineers are photographers at heart and they design for the purists always lending more and more innovation for the techie.

I cannot comment on the future releases, but lets just say that I am pretty excited and look forward to a productive year.

For anyone interested I posted a mini wrapup of the things i found interesting at CES 2009:

chasing light...: CES 2009

happy shooting, and I look forward to learning more from this wonderful forum!

Mark Dimalanta, a Pentaxian

01-15-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Mark, so glad that you join the forum and make such a excellent introduction.

Your contribution will be definitely a huge asset to this very forum itself. I would love you to give interesting hints to many of us regarding anything in general. Please post more of your excellent images on our forum too
01-15-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
hi james,

I hope to contribute as much as i can. which forum do we usually share image posts?
01-15-2009, 10:07 PM   #4

Hi Mark,
I am looking forward to seeing more of your pictures!
Marco

01-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
Inactive Account

And the family grows stronger!
01-15-2009, 10:13 PM   #6
Inactive Account

I watched Julie's BIO today. Interesting. Now I need to check yours.
01-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #7
Inactive Account

I need to ask. What is your opinion on the subject of sharks?

Great Story Here

http://www.pentaxian.com/#pentaxians/inspirationalist/mark_dimalanta

Last edited by magnum1; 01-15-2009 at 10:31 PM.
01-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by doc.mark.dimo Quote
which forum do we usually share image posts?
Post your photos! - PentaxForums.com

In addition to using the attachment system - or just plain links - to share photos, you can upload files to the user photo gallery, which is outlined in the site usage guide found in my signature.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi Mark,

Seen you post at DPReview and have enjoyed your photos. Glad you've joined us here and look forward to seeing your new stuff.

Terry
01-16-2009, 12:38 AM   #10
Damn Brit

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it here and I'm sure you will make a valuable contribution to the community.
01-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, it's good to have you aboard with us all.
01-16-2009, 03:50 PM   #12
Inactive Account

welcome to the forum. The party just keeps getting better and better.
01-28-2009, 03:31 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Welcome Mark! Any good shots from the North Shore to share?
01-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hey Mark,

Glad to see you've decided to post here again. Welcome and I look forward to your contributions! It's nice to see you come by from DPR. For those not familiar with Mark: his surfing images are among (if not) the best out there, no question. Two of his surfing images are in the PPG Gallery Premiere Collection too.

Again, welcome and I see your baby has grown up some - now she is a young child - beautiful!!

Regards,
Marc
02-22-2009, 01:44 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Hey Mark! Welcome! It's awesome you've joined this forum, I love the people here

Lemme know when you're visiting Manila again!