Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-21-2007, 03:09 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Baby to Dslr!

Hi everyone here on the Pentax Forums.......I have just purchased the magnificent K10D. Before this,I used to go around taking pictures with my 1.3 mp Samsung Phone Cam. The K10D is quite a 2- handsfull !!! But I love it!! It's great to find this forum....hope to learn a lot here. I'm, literally, a baby to the Dslr world.....so I'm gonna need your help every step of the way....

Best Regards

Last edited by Chilichoco; 03-21-2007 at 01:25 PM.
03-21-2007, 04:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Chilichoco!

Welcome to the forums! I see you really jumped in with your purchase! Here's a link I think you may find useful. Ever since someone posted this link, I've been referring to it every now and then, so I hope it helps you too.

The SimCam: Film and Digital Camera Simulator - Photonhead.com

One of the best ways for us to help you is when you post a picture when you have a problem. There's lot's of friendly people here, so don't be shy and I hope we'll see some soon!

Have fun!
03-21-2007, 07:33 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum Chilichoco! I think the K10D has a steep learning curve at first, but you'll catch on soon enough. There are a lot of friendly helpful people here, and lots of them have the K10 so you're definitely in the right place!

Enjoy your new camera
03-21-2007, 09:11 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
hello and welcome!
although I had a film SLR I was in the same general boat as you.... totally new to digital SLR's.... and I can thank everyone on this board for what I know about my K10 to date.
great people, everyone more then willing to answer questions (heck, even the same questions over and over)
feel free to ask questions....

looking forward to helping if I can

cheers

randy

03-21-2007, 01:24 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Wow!!! What a lovely warm welcome!!! I already feel at home.... ......thank you so much Alvin, xfraser, slipchuck........!!! Alvin.......what an amazing site you referred me to!!! Thank you so much........I have very little idea about how cameras work....and am experimenting with different lights,aperture and shutter speeds.......I sure hope to learn a lot more and a lot better with your support.....
slipchuck...... I am kinda lost.....but I think I'll find my way here

thanks a million !!

Best regards
03-21-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
roy
Inactive Account

welcome to the board. i don't drop in here as often as i should.
here's a link that has so much info that you can get lost in it. search and explore it. you'll be surprised at the wealth of info you can access for free.
The Luminous Landscape
03-22-2007, 09:32 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi roy.....thanks for the welcome.......I have visited The Luminous Landscape......it definitely is a goldmine.......and the camaraderie and civilized conversation in the forums is a breath of fresh air.....it's great to see no one's talking brands....but photos......

thanks again
Best Regards