Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #1

New here but not to Pentax

I have used Pentax SLRs since the mid-1980s. I have a Pentax ME [broken] and MX with a sampling of good & "OK" lens from that period.

Two things pushed me to buy a *istDS a few years ago. First off, my eyes don't handle manual focus so well any more. Almost as important, I wanted a way to tell if I got the picture I wanted much sooner than is possible with film.

I had taken the 2 film bodies on a vacation trip to England and I was really disappointed in the results. Too often, the focus could have been better or there was some other problem. The DS solved both problems. I have made 2 more trips to England with the DS and got better pictures both times.

Now, I am looking forward to getting a step up from the DS before my next trip to England [my wife and I both enjoy the place a lot] in a few years. Hopefully, Pentax will release a new model that grabs my attention like the DS did.

I don't need the power of a K20 and I don't care for the size... too big. The K200 looks good but it is still larger than I would like. My son-in-law has a Nikon with the 920K/3 inch LCD and that really impressed me. Now if Pentax will just release a model with a comparable LCD in a size close to the DS and I will jump on it.

01-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome to the forums.
The new K2000 has a 2.7 inch lcd and size is going to be closer to what you have now, you would gain on megapixels.
01-19-2009, 05:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome. Yes, the eyes don't work as well when you get older and sometimes we have no choice but to surrender gracefully. Thankfully the technology in cameras is so good now that we can continue to get better at our craft, which is inspiring.

Enjoy the forum and post some pics when you feel ready.
01-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, next time your over have a look around Scotland too.