Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2009, 09:20 PM   #1

Hello from SouthEast CT

I've been using Pentax stuff since the H1a, and have a drawer full of Pentax cameras and lenses, primarily screw mount stuff. Am now considering moving up to digital SLR. Digital experience is with Sony Mavica and Panasonic TZ1. Am currently looking at the *isp series, based on price and availability. Hopefully someone can tell me the difference between the D, DS, and DL versions of this camera. One I should prefer/avoid? Primary interest is macro photos using older screw mount lenses with extension tubes or bellows, plus telescopic adapters to units such as Questar. Is the *isp series a good choice, or should I be looking for something more current? The TZ1 seems to fill my needs for daily and travel photos, so I'm not looking for an upgrade in that area.

01-19-2009, 05:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum. Seems like you've been a Pentax enthusiast for quite a while. I salivate at the thought of "a drawer full of Pentax cameras and lenses." I don't know about "moving up to digital," though. You might like to think of it more as simply adding another dimension to your photography.

Not sure which camera you're referring to. Do you mean the *ist series? I don't own one, but lots here do, so I'm sure you'll get all your questions answered.

Post us a pic of all your goodies so we can all drool.
01-19-2009, 03:58 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, that's one of the joys of Pentax ownership, the backwards compatability of Pentax lenses.