Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-19-2009, 10:33 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Sparks Hi!

Hello from the town of Sparks in northern Nevada, USA. I just got a K200D after not doing much photography for quite a while. A lot has changed in a couple of decades!

I'm fascinated by the amount of control possible with my new camera love the immediate feedback. The only thing I miss from my old 35 mm film days of shooting is the big bright viewfinder. The coke bottle bottom glasses I wear now don't help, but I'm already getting used to the new format.

Thanks and kudos to the forum organizers and maintainers. It looks like a helpful and encouraging place.

01-19-2009, 11:52 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, what a great place name to live, do you know how it got that name.
01-19-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The origin of the town is a bit more interesting than the name itself. In the early 1900's, the railroad across Nevada changed its route, bypassing the old roundhouse and maintenance facilities.

The railroad company gave gave all employees at the old facility a plot of land and moved their belongings to the new town of Sparks. The History of Sparks

The name was given in honor of Nevada's governor then, John Sparks.
01-20-2009, 12:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome. Enjoy your new camera and the forum