Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2009, 02:42 AM   #1

Hallo from Italy

Good morning to all, I'm a new member of this community. I'm also quite old and not very good with computers but much better with a camera in my hands. I started in 1952 with an Italian camera called Ferrania Galileo, model Condor II single collapsible lens 50mm f:2.0. At that time, imports from Japan were closed, years later, I bought a second hand Pentax from the son of the American Consul General in Rome, don't remember what model but it was a Reflex!!! and came with a 40 or 50mm f:2,8 while my Father was sporting a Leica IIIf with a 3,5 lens, I was so proud of it and was able to obtain good shots and did my own developing and B&W printing at night.
In my life I went through many cameras made in Germany and Japan. Some of them are still with me. One of my favorites is the K20D-70mm f:2,4 that I bought after reading Sean Reid review site.
Too many words to say hallo.
All my best
Pietro from Rome

01-21-2009, 02:59 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum.

We will, for sure, benefit from your experience.

Regarding computer skills, you will see that it's much simple to handle them that taking good pictures
01-21-2009, 03:45 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard Pietro! It's nice that you joined the forum.

Have fun with your new toy and here in forums
01-21-2009, 05:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Ciao Pietro e benvenuto.
You are joining several other Italian users and hopefully they will be here to Welcome you as well.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Roma the Eternal city and my ultimate favourite city in the world.

01-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Buona Sera, Pietro! Welcom to these forums. You live in the most beautifull city in the world, IMO! Visited it several times and hope to come there soon again......
01-21-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, enjoy and to live in one the world's most photogenic cities, gives you plenty to do.