Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from Hamilton,Ontario Canada

Hi there everyone. I just joined your site since i have acquired a *istDL recently. From what i have read it seems that there is a lot of interesting topics and good knowledge base in this forum. I am a newbie photographer that is interested in expanding my skills, let me rephrase that, acquiring a skill set so that i may eventually get good enough to do it for a living on the side. I feel that its a good way to capture the moments and also express myself in a creative way that i like. I'm am looking forward to learning more and getting to know more enthusiasts here in the forums.

Thanks Gus

I currently have the following equipment;
Pentax ist DL
Pentax SMC 28-90mm with a Tiffen 58mm filter
Pentax 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 Sigma Telephoto Lens
Tripod
512ram
1gb ram
16gb ram - cant use duh. since its SDHC and this cam doesn't like it.

What else am i missing if i'd like to take more portrait and architectural shots? Any suggestions will be gladly taken.

Last edited by quiksilver; 01-25-2009 at 09:20 AM. Reason: filter mm size fixed, had 52 which was wrong. duh
01-24-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, a good tripod and a cable or remote shutter release spring to mind, mainly for the architectural shots.
01-25-2009, 03:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome. I agree with kerrowdown re tripod etc. Another item I use for architectural shots is a ultra wide angle lens or a fisheye lens. Enjoy the forum
01-25-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I forgot to list i already have a tripod.

thanks for the input guys.