Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 12:10 PM   #1

New to the Forum, but not to Pentax

Hi All,

I joined this forum a while ago, but never posted anything... and I got a mechanical warning. So, here we go.

I started photography with my dad when I was about 10 or so. I have always liked the idea of doing photography, but never really got past the snapshot stage. In the past dozen years or so, I have picked up the hobby again and am making a concerted effort to improve.

I bought my first Pentax in about 1987. It served me very well until I put it in a closet and sort of stopped using it in favor of a point and shoot camera that both my wife and I would use. Now that I think of it, that was a Pentax as well. In any event, after quite a few years shopping for a digital camera, I got a K10D, with the kit lens and a Tamron 70 - 300 mm macro lens. So, no I have no excuse for the quality of my photos, but me.

I am looking for a new portrait lens. I have been thinking about Pentax in the 50mm range. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Well, I should go. I have taken enough of everyone's time.

01-25-2009, 01:45 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, be prepared to be bombarded with loads of good advice we do like our 50s in here.

Mines an A series 50mm f1:1.2 and I love it to bits, but on the K10D you may find the 50mm a bit long, see what others have to say.
01-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Thanks for coming to the forum and be part of the community

Welcome abroad!