Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello From Phoenix

I'm a long-time Pentax user, with a ZX-5 which, when it broke, was replaced by a ZX-5n--a wonderful camera! And I've had a variety of digital point-and-shoots, several of them Pentax. I bought the *istD when it first came out, and loved it muchly. I later bought the 10D, primarily because of the anti-shake mechanism, but rarely use it--it's too big, and it uses a proprietary battery. I hate proprietary batteries! I have misplaced the charger, and therefore have not used this camera in months! Also, Pentax did not honor the $50 rebate on its purchase, so this camera has left an all-around bad taste in my mouth. If I didn't have so large an investment in Pentax cameras and lenses, I probably would switch to some other brand!

My hope is that Pentax will come out with a small dSLR (with anti-shake), but with a big, bright pentaprism viewfinder. The 200D almost fills the bill, but the viewfinder is inadequate, at least for someone brought up on truly great viewfinders.

01-26-2009, 08:27 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well you might want to consider the K2000. Small and AA batteries. But the VF will still be about the same. AF cameras are quite different than their older film versions in terms of the brighter VF's. Welcome to the forums. You might want to put your K10D on for sale here on our Marketplace. Someone here might want a spare and not mind that the charger is missing.
01-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Your experience will certainly help us a lot. Do contribute and truely appreciated