Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 12:29 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
new member intro

Hmm, seems I haven't posted anything on this site since registering. My mistake. I live and teach U.S. History (high school) in the western suburbs of Philadelphia Pa. I am married and have three children, the youngest of whom is a junior at Syracuse U. I began taking photos way back in the 1970's with a Nikkormatt 35mm camera but then stopped by the mid 80's (work, kids etc etc.) But two years ago I decided it was time to get back into it. My school was looking for a new yearbook moderator and while I was not interested in that, I was interested in doing some of the photography. So they agreed to pay for a camera in exchange for taking pictures for the next few years. I bought a Pentax K10D and love it. Of course, I knew nothing about digital photography (or photoshop) so it has been a real learning experience. But a heck of a lot of fun. I learn a lot from the people on the Pentax forum. In addition to DA 50-135 mm lens that I talked my school into buying for me, I also have the Pentax 35mm limited, a Pentax smc 50mm, Pentax 28mm smc, a Tamron 70-300mm, a Sigma 105mm, and a Sigma 17-35mm. If anyone reading this has any ideas as to my next lens purchase, I would be interested in hearing from you.
Thanks, Bob

01-25-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome, Bob. Your knowledge both in photography and history will help to reduce the tensions in certain sections of the forum. The wiser, the better

Look forward to your participation!