Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello to my fellow Pentax shooters

Hi,

I am admonished by the admin that I have yet to post. My bad. Allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Tom Sparks. I live in Murray, Utah. Married with 4 children ages 9 to 20. I'm a full time Junior High Choir teacher and part time free lance photographer. I shoot for fun and I also shoot for money.

One of my photographic interests is in photography of the stage. I covet fast glass and low noise high ISO. I started shooting with a Hawkeye Brownie, bought my k1000 when I was 19 and switched to k10d this past spring. I want a second body and would buy the k20d, but I'm thinking Pentax should be coming out with a newer more sophisticated camera with better ISO and a few more pixles soon. Should I wait? hmmmm.

My gear includes: K10d, Sigma 70-300 F4-5.6, Pentax smcp fa 50mm f1.4, Sigma 24-70mm f2.8, Pentax 18-55mm f3.5-5.6, Sigma EF-530DG Super flash, among other stuff.

I am looking to buy a new zoom. I would like a fast piece of glass with a range of 70-200mm. I'm thinking of getting the Sigma. Another option would be to get the Pentax 50-135m and a longer fixed focus fast lens.

Any ideas?

01-25-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, that's quite some introduction, I feel I know you already, once again welcome.
01-25-2009, 05:20 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum.

I am sure admin did not use an admonishing tone. The spamming registrations is a concern around here and this is also a good way to get to know everyone