Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
hello from WI

Just wanted to say hello to everyone out there. When I decided to upgrade from the p&s world to dslr Pentax seemed to offer the things that appealed to me. After making that decision, I snooped around this forum quite a bit and found it very valuable. I see a site like this being a very good resource and maybe I'll eventually know enough to be of some help.

Anyways, I ended up with a K10D because of the amazing deals on them right now and its a lot of camera that I can grow into. I have usual kit 18-55mm and the lba fever has already bitten. I have an old fastish 50mm prime on the way and I see a XX-300mm zoom in the very near future, probably the DA 55-300mm. I'm still trying to convince myself its worth double the cost of a Tamron or Sigma.

Thanks for being such a great resource already and I'm eager to learn more...

Eric

01-25-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome Eric. Enjoy the forum
01-25-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Lenses do not matter. Photography counts the most. You should check out nitrok's work which are mostly taken by standard kit lens and standard zooms but the work is spetacular!!

Welcome to the forum and love your work!