Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 03:06 PM   #1

Hello and a question

Hi Everyone,
I too, was warned about not posting, so here it is. I have been observing quietly though.
I am a long time Pentax film camera user and will probably make the leap into the K20D this year. Lots of lenses and accessories around that should be fun to use with a digital camera.
I do have a question about Live View. I have gotten used to using a small digital camera with a tiltable viewing screen and I really love it. So many options for different perspective, plus I grew up on ground glass views and I like to see the image with both eyes for framing and so forth. So... A. How do you like the Live View? and
B. Any word about a tiltable version in the future?
Thanks,
Bob

01-25-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
PFH
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi !
Pentax Live View must be one of the most basic implementations.
The resolution on the screen makes it hard to focus manually. If you use AF in Live View you must press the AF-button on the back of the camera. the mirror flips down, the camera focuses, the mirror flips up again, while the camera focuses the screen goes black. Nothing for moving objects really. I rarely use it and I don't miss it.
This is of course my personal opinion.
In everything else the K20 is a wonderful camera.

Last edited by PFH; 01-25-2009 at 03:45 PM.
01-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, I must admit I have never used live view so I can't really help.

But there are some clever folk are around on this forum who will no doubt be able to offer some ideas for you.