Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 03:43 PM   #1

Another deletion avoiding introduction

Hi There,

I must admit I've been rather tardy on this forum but have used the information on lens and enjoyed browsing threads so here goes a brief introduction.

I currently live in Canberra, Australia but spent my first 40 odd years in Australia's tropical north.

My first SLR was a Practika around 1977, previously owning a fixed lens rangefinder. I still miss the centre circle and needle manual metering, you could scan a scene quicklyly, intuitively know the range in ev's and make a decision about modifying exposure.

I then moved on to a Pentax MV, then added an MEF shooting mostly Kodachrome 64 and Ektachrome 400. I kept these going shooting color prints for family snaps hanging out for a Pentax DSLR with >8MP sensor and rekittted myself with the K10D immediately on its release and am now trying to bring back the passion for photography. I still use the 50mm lens occasionally as well as a Tamron SP 70-210 zoom. I recently purchased the 10-17 DA Fisheye and have had some fun learning to use it and keeping my feet out of photos!

Regards
Warren

01-25-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, so how do you keep feet out, is it arms length stuff.
01-25-2009, 08:46 PM   #3

Original Poster
A slight lean forwards seems to do the trick. I've never used anything wider than 28mm (in 35mm terms) so it's an interesting journey. Exposures can also be a bit tricky particularly with bright Australian skies.

Cheers
Warren
01-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Hi Warren, welcome to the forum!

Australian sun is quite merciless and we all know that timing of the day is more important than anything else.

Look forward to your posts in the forum!