Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Welcome to all 1st posters

Wanted to say Hello & Welcome to all the 1st time posters.
There are so many of you, due to house cleaning, I thought I'd say "Hi" with this post, rather than individually.
Hope you all enjoy the forum and hope to see more posts from you in the future

01-25-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Thanks. Yes, we're all coming out of the woodwork today!

The reason I first posted today was because I did not want to lose access to the knowledge, wit and expertise of such a fine bunch of people that inhabit Pentax Forums. Initially I lurked because I wasn't confident in my photography skills after seeing some fantastic photos on this site. After that, I guess lurking became a habit!
01-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I hope that Pentax executive lurkers will also check-in. It would be great to start a dialogue with them.
01-25-2009, 09:09 PM   #4

As the proud owner of a K10 and enough add-ons to send my wife into a tail-spin I appreciate the good work that Pentax Forums are doing for the Pentax community. A big pat on the back from me.

As you can see, long time member, first time poster.

01-25-2009, 11:57 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mickhs Quote
Thanks. Yes, we're all coming out of the woodwork today!

<snip>

Initially I lurked because I wasn't confident in my photography skills after seeing some fantastic photos on this site. After that, I guess lurking became a habit!
You're not the only one who has that reaction. I know just how you feel There are some stunningly accomplished photographers posting to this forum. Funny thing: I've seen a comment from someone who posts beautiful photos that he, too feels/felt nervous about posting his work because of the quality of other posters' photos.

I've posted a few photos here that were really not very good. Nobody got nasty. The comments were positive. I haven't seen any nasty stuff here. So gird your loins and go for it

Richard.
01-26-2009, 12:14 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
After that, I guess lurking became a habit!
Sounds like the story of Gollum... Luckily Mithrandir himself is here to help out...

Daz... Great idea. I was feeling overwhelmed at the thought of welcoming each person individually (though I'm sure James will accomplish this - placidly too), so I'm gonna glom on to your post and say Welcome to everyone who came out of the woodwork today. Post up some photos!
01-26-2009, 12:21 AM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote
I've posted a few photos here that were really not very good. Nobody got nasty. The comments were positive. I haven't seen any nasty stuff here. So gird your loins and go for it
Richard.
The lack of nastiness and personal attacks is something I haven't seen here either. That's what makes this such a good site.

Just off to Wikipedia to find out how to gird loins.

01-26-2009, 12:52 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great idea, Daz. Can I piggyback and add my warm wishes to all new members of the family? You're very welcome and we look forward to whatever contributions you feel able to make. They don't have to be in the form of photos, if you don't feel confident right now. As you browse the forum you'll find sections where you can maybe submit a review, recount an experience or simply offer a comment. It's all adding to the knowledge of making photographs. Enjoy.
01-26-2009, 12:59 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
...though I'm sure James will accomplish this..
The man's a machine...he give the energizer bunny a run for his money.
Great effort James.

Wombat - Piggyback away & nice welcome to 1st posters
01-26-2009, 01:02 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dazman Quote
The man's a machine...he give the energizer bunny a run for his money.
Great effort James.
Hehe

I am a little crazy, huh?

Just got a terrible shift for two days in a row on the weekend. So I decide to relax at home in front of laptop all morning with coffee marathon today.

Now I am going to rest a little and hopefully the new members feel welcomed by now

Gonna head up to the fireworks at Dockland now. You are heading there too?

It shall be good fun. Some acrobatic events going on too
01-26-2009, 01:05 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Thank you

I started playing pentax half a year ago. The performance of my K10D really impressed me. I like it a lot.
01-26-2009, 01:35 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote

Gonna head up to the fireworks at Dockland now. You are heading there too?

It shall be good fun. Some acrobatic events going on too
Not tonight...the cricket's on & having BBQ with refreshment's!! Have fun & look forward to seeing some of the photos.
01-26-2009, 02:03 AM   #13
Inactive Account

I bought a K100D from woot.com about a month ago. Having lots of fun playing with it!

Tony from NYC
01-26-2009, 03:34 AM   #14
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Just got a terrible shift for two days in a row on the weekend. So I decide to relax at home in front of laptop all morning with coffee marathon today.
Now I am going to rest a little and hopefully the new members feel welcomed by now
Hi roentarre

Any idea how many members you got to sign up after that email? Must be a shi<quite a lot>tload!
01-26-2009, 10:05 AM   #15

Cheers to all of you.

I must say that I've really learned alot from reading all the good posts that people have put on this site. It's not often that you can come to a site like this and see just how many wonderful people there really are out there. I've never seen any rude comments or that person that has to rip appart someones work here. I must say that even a bad picture posted to here have good and creative suggestions rather than a dig. I havent posted to this site before because I'm not a big writer and feel that I'm new enough to the digital scene that I couldn't give good advice. I've been taking pictures with a pentax camera for most of my life and hope that I can start sharing some of my pictures and comments with others. All in all I would just like to say that I really appriciate all of the good advice from all of the people that use this board and hope you all know just how nice it is to be a member of this site.