Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello from Victoria Australia

Hi All,
Well it looks very busy here today all these hello's so we don't get crossed off the list.
I've been a member here less than a year now and haven't taken full advantage of the site, I see a lot of names from another pentax chat forum that is popular ans so I think we are all among friends here and I should visit more often than I do.
A bit about mself.

I was introduced to photography at an early age by my dad who at that time, in the early sixties, was still using a Kodak Pocket Camera that he had used in Borneo during the war years. He taught me to process black & white contact prints from that camera and a couple of toy cameras that we were given for Christmas one year as kids.

I still have that old fold out bellows camera and all the processing and enlarger gear that my dad used to teach me, I went on to use it to teach my daughter.
My interest so impressed my daughter that she went on to complete a Diploma in Visual Arts and a Bachelor of Arts in Photography at University. I remain the budding amateur in the family after forty three years or so of picture taking.

My first SLR I purchased shortly after I was married in 1972 and that was a Pentax SP1000 and over the next five years or so I added many accessories to my kit, a workmate saw what I was doing with it after we had been flying one day to do some aerial shots and he said to me, "I'd like to buy your camera". Thinking about an upgrade I said OK thinking he just wanted the camera, but no he wanted everything, lenses filters, case, tripod the works.
I started looking at the new Pentax range at the time and when the latest Pentax brochure turned up I took one look at it and said that's the camera I want, it was the new Super A and it had just won the European Camera of the year.

That camera served me well for many years until the introduction of Digital at which time I experimented with a 3 Megapixel point and shoot for a couple of years until the istD was launched.

The istD and subsequently the K10 and now the K20D both with battery grips fitted and a AF540FGZ with a mixture of new and old lenses now fills the camera bag or should I say case. I don't believe I have enjoyed photography as much as I am now. I enjoy computers and coupled with the istD, K10 and K20 and the digital process it gives you a freedom never before had to experiment with your work and our art form to the maximum.

Regards Nico

01-25-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum and glad to know another member from Victoria Australia!

Looking forward to your posts and participation in the threads

01-26-2009, 02:16 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Greetings from another Melbournian, I highly recommend the forum, heaps to learn here.