Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'Day From Western Australia

I have been looking at the photos and images from both Digital and film cameras on this site for some time. All I can say is I was truly inspired to try to lift my own skill level.

I had a play with film photography 20 odd years ago but was forced to give it up as the cost in Australia was prohibitive. My 35mm gear was all Canon so the Pentax K20D was a complete change.

My choice of camera was based on the fact Western Australia is one heck of a dusty place. I use my camera around the water most of the time and the other was the superb image quality I have seen on this site.

I have owned the camera for 3 months now but I am just building a small collection of lenses to get me started. I purchased the camera with a Tamron AF18 - 250mm F/3.5 - 6.3 Di II. I have since added a Super Tak. 200mm f/4, 135mm f/2.5 and 135mm f3.5.

I am still working out how to get the most out of the Super Tak's but this camera has made me push my limits and so far I'm lovin it.

Cheers from Down Under Ed.

01-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Ed.
Used a K100D for over a year and was always cleaning dust off the sensor - resorted to buying a pack of wet - wipes.
Bought K20D 7 months ago and have not seen a single speck on the sensor.
Have used the camera in dusty iron ore mines in the Pilbara, on our very windy Perth beaches and in the rain in Tasmania.
I tested the self cleaner when I first got the camera but have not used it since.
01-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

More members from Perth and this is great to see.

Welcome to the forum and look forward to your posts