Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Old member, first thread

Hi, all. I was one of the first guys to register on this forum, but have not posted before. I am retired, live in Makati City, Philippines, and my four daughters and i are big fans of the new US president Barack Hussein Obama.
My first dslr was a Nikon D70s, was that in 2004?. That is now property of 16 year old Joaquin, who uses Sigma lenses on his D70s. Intrigued by a camera with built-in VR, I managed to get an early K10D, now equipped with a 16-45, 35 f 2, 50 F1.4, 77 f1.8, and 100 f2.8 macro. Great for portraits. But I could not settle on a suitable Pentax tele zoom lens. Yesterday ordered a 50-200 from Amazon.
Early last year I acquired a Nikon D200, equipped with the old 18-70 lens from the D70s and a 55-200 VR.
Am looking forward to a 4 day photo jaunt later this week to the beaches and mountains of (tropical) northern Luzon, our northern island. Landscapes, people, old churches.
Take great photos, pentaxians!

vicente p

01-25-2009, 08:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Hope you can share your insight into your gear bearing the perspective of having tried two systems

Welcome to the forum and look forward to your posts