Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2009, 09:49 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hello from SoCal!

Hello Everybody,

I'm a long time Pentax lover, buying my first Pentax, a Spotmatic F overseas when I was in the US Air Force serving in Southeast Asia. I have always enjoyed the all manual cameras. I prefer the ones that will still take pictures without a battery, but I do have a couple of battery dependent cameras also. Currently I do not own a DSLR. I came to this forum because I am considering getting into a DSLR system. From what I can see on the 'net, I really like the results I see from the Pentax DSLRs. The Pentax DSLR images seem to me to be much better exposed. The colors seem to be much more realistic. They just seem to pop out at me. I know that there are lots of factors that determine how an image looks on my computer monitor. But, overall, I see much more "exciting" images from Pentax DSLRs. So, I came here to learn more about Pentax DSLRs before I make a purchase decision.

Cheers to all,
Woodpile

01-25-2009, 10:58 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum and look forward to your posts reflecting so many years of photography experience