Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2009, 12:41 AM   #1

Sorta n00b

Been on here for roundabout a month, participated in a few discussions already
*Cough* NYC Photographer *Cough* harassed by wanna-be cops *cough*

Got myself a Penny K20D with the 18-55 kit lens for $699 12/14 during that 3-day Adorama
deal. Been loving it ever since. Seems I have acquired LBA, considering I've already bought about 4-5 old-glass lenses (Vivitar, nonames, Pentax, etc.. from FleaBay. Been selling off items from my other hobbies to fund this new one (Nitro R/C Cars, vintage computer collection)

Came from P&S, where I've owned a Canon Digital Elph S110 since like 2000 (2.1MP). I do IT work for a cruise line, and travel the world, so I figured it's high time I had a decent camera, and not something inferior to most cell phones!

Will hopefully be getting my wife one of those white K2000's when they are released, and drag her kicking-and-screaming into my dSLR world - she currently has a who-knows-what-model-number HP digicam that came as a digicam+photosmart 335 kit from Sam's club 2 years ago.

I signed us both up for a every-Tuesday-night class (8 weeks) in those adult night classes (2nd class is this Tuesday) and we are liking it so far.

RIght now, I have:
K20D
(2) Sandisk Extreme III's (both are 20mbps cards, not 30mbps)
Second battery (Adorama generic)
screw-mount adapter (generic - haven't had the guts to use it after reading the nightmares!!!)
Pentax 28-80 AF w/ macro
Pentax 18-55 AF
Pentax 80-320 AF
Vivitar 70-150 MF
Albinar 80-200 MF Macro (needs work - either fungus, or ? )
Just acquired a Kodak ESP 7 printer, with WiFi, nice piece of kit!

Tony

01-26-2009, 12:45 AM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome officially Tony.
If you want to get your wife the White K2000, you might want to consider preordering through Pentax. I'm not sure how many there will be but it is a limited edition.
01-26-2009, 12:46 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum

Gary, I would love to try out the while k2000. Quite cute in deed.

01-26-2009, 02:53 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Welcome officially Tony.
If you want to get your wife the White K2000, you might want to consider preordering through Pentax. I'm not sure how many there will be but it is a limited edition.
You think any of the etailers will have it, ie Adorama/B&H?

If not, yeah, I may need to pre-order. I saw that a couple days back.

$679.99 ain't half-bad, but street prices average about 20% off the MSRP, but this may be a special case, being ltd ed and all.

Thanks for the heads-up, tho!

Tony

01-26-2009, 02:59 AM   #5
Damn Brit

It's a gamble, it depends how much you want it and whether you can afford it.
That's the way I looked at it and hopefully it will be an investment as well. Something to keep or to sell to fund new glass in the future.
« Its me | hey all »