Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2009, 01:20 AM   #1

Hello from Holland - with picture

Hello all,

Some 25 years ago I bought a Pentax MV camera with a nice 50mm lens. Some time later, a 28mm lens was added for city photography and extension tubes introduced me into the macro world.

Much later, after many adventures like digiscoping with a compact camera and a telescope I returned to SLR photography by buying a K100D: Shake Reduction, AA batteries and that old memory of Pentax cameras...
After a while, the newer Pentax zoom lenses stayed at home all the time and these nice old jewels from the Pentax-M era almost always accompany me: they're so nice to work with, colors are just better and photography with them is just FUN!

Since I have an old Pentax ME Super, I regularly take this fantastic camera out for Black & White pictures.

Please visit my photo weblog (in Dutch...) for many pictures:
aar’s log

Here's a mystic shot from this weekend with a 85mm 1:2 lens:

01-26-2009, 01:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forums! You have a lot of knowledge and experience to share, great!

Nice pics by the way
01-26-2009, 01:26 AM   #3
Damn Brit

Welcome Arie, nice picture, it looks like she is willing the water to come from the pipe.
I look forward to seeing more from you.
01-26-2009, 05:35 AM   #4
Veteran Member

That is the way. Beautiful capture with great lighting!

01-26-2009, 05:55 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Good pics. I have a 28mm, 35X80, 90mm flat field. 80X210 and 500mm Tamron adaptall2 lens and a 50mm pentax lens. One of my questions is, are these older, 35mm lens good enough to use with the digital camera or will the new digital zooms overshadow the older collection? They were great lens when used with 35mm film cameras.

From reading about this I think they will be manual focus only.
01-26-2009, 06:16 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Okie Waterdog Quote
Good pics. I have a 28mm, 35X80, 90mm flat field. 80X210 and 500mm Tamron adaptall2 lens and a 50mm pentax lens. One of my questions is, are these older, 35mm lens good enough to use with the digital camera or will the new digital zooms overshadow the older collection? They were great lens when used with 35mm film cameras.

From reading about this I think they will be manual focus only.
Hi Okie,
These old lenses are still very good to use, even older M42 lenses with an adapter to K-bayonet.
Autofocus doesn't work indeed, but Shake Reduction does. You'll have to change a couple of menu items to have the camera work work with non-auto lenses, though.
Quality is usually higher than "consumer grade" modern glass.

But it's absolutely worth it! My 500mm Tamron Adaptall mirror lens is always in my luggage when I go abroad and it yields fantastic pictures!