Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2009, 02:01 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello pentaxians

I had a small ordeal a few months ago, i was buying my first DSLR ; you know how tough that can be nowadays, since all manufacturers saturate the market with many cameras which differentiate from one another very slightly. Anyway i had in mind that i would either buy a canon or nikon after reading all that jargon on how they are the best cameras, and that the pros use them ect... When i got to the camera shop (Dubai) i was shocked to see the range in prices of entry to mid level DSLRs. At the corner of the glass cabinet where the cameras are displayed i stole a glance at two Pentax DSLRs, the K200D and the K20D. To be honest i actually never had thought about pentax. The first thing that got me was the price, i could easily save a few hundred Dhirams( the currency in dubai), then i saw the WEATHER PROOFING and the other specs...It looked like the Pentax packs a bigger punch. Not being in my usual " Purchase it on the spot" mood i went home and reserched a little about the Pentax brand...I was surprised that it was a "legit" brand, i continued reading about the Brand on wikipedia, which took me over screens of different web pages and finally brought me to this forum..This forum showed me the type of people who associate themself with pentax and i am happy to join the community!
I have a K200D, the extra money saved from buying a nikon or a canon is financing my scuba diving lessons! whoa!

01-26-2009, 08:44 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums and share some shots with everyone from your area! It's a great camera and glad you are enjoying it. Enjoy your visits here.
01-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Have fun in the forum!

« Hello! | intro »