Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2009, 08:49 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hello from railbum

Hey!
My moniker is railbum because I enjoy looking at pictures of rail assets on railpictures.net and I'm retired so I consider myself a "bum".

I've been an amateur photographer for about 30 years but have not become very proficient at it yet. I have a Pentax K10D that I purchased last year and I have several old lenses that I had when I was taking film photos. I posted a picture on this site of some bluebirds I photographed in my back yard this past spring.

I've enjoyed seeing all the posts on this site because they allow me to inform myself on lots of subjects without having to think about the correct question to ask.

I live in Texas and my wife and I worked for FEMA in Iowa during the flooding there. We are both home now waiting to see if there are any more disasters which would require that the reservist are called on to help.

Thanks to all of you who post regularly. It is great to learn from you.

Railbum

01-26-2009, 08:51 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Make sure you share some of your stuff with us. Sounds like you do some challenging stuff in your spare time. Welcome to the forums
01-26-2009, 01:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Hehe

Welcome. Help us out and we can stick like a community