Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Howdy Everyone!

I have a minute so I would like to introduce myself(after some encouragement to do so).
My name is Larry and I live outside of Atlanta Georgia.Yes I have been lurking for some time as I am a fellow Pentaxian and visit here often to see what the others are doing and learn from you guys and gals...and shame on me for lurking and not sharing,please forgive me as I might not be a knowledgeable as others here.
So a little about myself(the boring part).I have had a interest in photography since the 60's shooting film and doing the developing/darkroom thing with my big brother(from the Big Brothers org) who went on to be a professional(and has now past).To bring it forward in the late 90's got the serious bug again and went digital but with some simple P+S Kodak stuff until just just a few years ago and got my first DSLR a K10D.Last spring I added a K20D and with the LBA many of use suffer from have slowly added to my small lens collection.
I love the outdoors,camping,caving(maybe my biggest passion),paddling, hiking and racing(I built racing engines and had a team(hence motorman as many would call me) so my photo opportunity is many.
I own a small swimming pool co. and do ok. Married(30 years tomorrow) with 2 kids that are now grown ,one that has bless us with a recent grandchild and another on the way by the other one.
I tend to stay bizzy with work and all my interests and may post in spurts so have some understanding if my lack of participation may not be as much as I may like to do.
As for my latest accomplishment photographically speaking has been my desire to start shooting all RAW and develop myself and just last night shot 440 pics at a small concert,all raw,in low light and with my fastest glass with no flash,a real challenge but fun.Now the real work,lol,just becoming comfortable with using Lightroom 2.2 and I will see if I can save a few that I can share...that is if you promise to be kind with your responses!

I was raised to be honest,respectful to others and loyal and sincere to my friends and practice these values in my life daily,but I am human.
Hopefully you will find my humor funny,don't take me to seriously and welcome me into this forum.

Thanks to everyone that endured my long intro and it may be TMI for some,but thats my style and my simple story.Hope everyone has a great day!

Larry "the Pool Guy"

01-26-2009, 10:39 AM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Larry, with all those interests, it gives you plenty of stuff to shoot. Looking forward to some pics. You might be interested in meeting PentaxForums.com - View Profile: jgredline who also builds motors on the west coast.
01-26-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard Larry!

Nice introduction. Have fun here in forum and with your pentax gear!

Happy anniversary day tomorrow ... you are little bit ahead. I've been married 22 years and just week ago my daughter moved away (not far, just few miles), but our son is still staying home and making us grazy
01-26-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, that's some introduction, I know you like an old friend already.

Happy wedding anniversary for today, hope you got the big expensive pressy and flowers organised in time.

01-26-2009, 12:58 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome, congrats, hope to see from you! Yes, that must be broken English....
01-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum and looking forward to your posts
01-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Wow,thanks for the warm welcome!Did not expect such quick response or how many have posted hello's since mine.I will try to find the time to read thru the forum and set up my profile in short order.
Looks like I have many new friends world wide and this wonderfull!

Larry "the Pool Guy"