Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
I'm new

I am new to Pentax. I recently purchased a K20D and am extremely pleased with this camera. I am from Baltimore, but am in Maine. My mother just passed away today so I will be brief. I did not want to be deleted, but my head and heart are not into photography at the moment. Later, when I am home I plan to post a memorial to her here. She was a special woman.

01-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am very sorry to hear of this terrible news. I can only wish you the best in these difficult times and hope you find some peace during this time. Even though you are new here this is a great group of people and you are among friends who will welcome your return when you feel the time is right.

Last edited by Peter Zack; 01-26-2009 at 08:33 PM.
01-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ronandsn Quote
I am new to Pentax. I recently purchased a K20D and am extremely pleased with this camera. I am from Baltimore, but am in Maine. My mother just passed away today so I will be brief. I did not want to be deleted, but my head and heart are not into photography at the moment. Later, when I am home I plan to post a memorial to her here. She was a special woman.
Please accept my condolences. I can empathize with your situation. I was raised by my grand parents, and my grandfather died this past October. He influenced me in a lot of ways. He not only got me interested in audiophile stuff, he got me interested in photography especially 35mm when I was in junior high. My first camera was a 110 and then I moved up to 35mm. I was very active in photography for 12 years and something happened in my life that dulled my interest in photography, the details of which I won't bore you with. I got back to where I would do work related macro photography but not much else. He re-inspired me about 10 years ago. I now have his old Mamiya C3 and my aunt has his Minolta 35s. I think about him quite a bit anytime I think about photography.

It is perfectly normal for you to feel the way you do. You can take a break from photography and come back to it when you are ready. Remember that photography can be a good outlet.
01-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ronandsn Quote
I am so sorry about your mother. I know this is a difficult time for you. I am also new to this forum. I look forward to your tribute to your nother.

01-27-2009, 04:31 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my mother several years ago. We can rest assured she is in a better place now watching over you.
01-27-2009, 04:54 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am very sorry to hear your story, accept my condolences. My thoughts are with you and your family.
01-27-2009, 05:05 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Nice to meet you

My condolences

Hope to see you back soon

Neil

01-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
01-28-2009, 11:23 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

How very sad.

Big hugs, mate.

with love,
Richard.