Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2009, 07:09 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Greetings from western NY

Hello all!

I've been a Pentax shooter for about 3 years now, mostly with an *ist DS. I've recently acquired a K10D and I am learning how to use it.

Lately I've been struggling with my inspiration and motivation. I've been more interested in skiing with all this snow we're having.

Anyone got any tips for getting out of the winter doldrums?

Cheers!

01-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah the age old question. Our version of writers block. Take a break from it, spend some time studying other types of art (not photography). Maybe get out the macro lens and do some stuff in the kitchen or some still life shots.

Welcome to the forums
01-27-2009, 08:10 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Sure....try snowboarding

a welcome from down Rt 31.
01-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Nice to see all the Upstate natives! I grew up in Vernon, about 45 minutes east of Syracuse and 1 hour west of Albany. And thirdcoast, I still have some relatives near you in Phelps. I do miss the snow!! If you ever get the chance, go to the Adirondacks and ski Gore Mountain... that is if it's still there. It was a great place to ski back in the day! Enjoy!

01-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, hows about combining the two, skiing and photography, think of the downhill shots you could get.
09-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
Millionth Poster!

Photos: Gallery | Albums
a late welcome. give yourself a project, keep it going. there are many different things you can shoot out here in western new york. look south there are many waterfalls and state parks. the adirondacks are also a great resource. good luck.
i am just down the road a bit from you