Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Greets from Brisbane Australia

Greetings everyone,

Been running a Pentax *IST DL or quite some time now and how found it to be quite a good little camera. This after I was running a Pentax Z-50 (I think) film camera for quite a while.

Getting a little bored around Brisbane as I seem to keep ending up in the same places when I go out shooting. Trying to change that these days but it's harder than I thought being the creature of habit that I am.

Anyone looking to go out and about for some shooting drop me a line and I am sure something can be teed up. I normally am out by myself so the company would be good too.

Anyways... Have a good day everyone wherever you happen to be.

01-26-2009, 09:27 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome, I hope we can help relieve your boredom.

Try posting here; Gatherings and Events - PentaxForums.com to see if you get any interest in meet ups.
01-27-2009, 03:57 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Cheers Gary, thanks for the heads up. Will duck over and see what's going on.
01-27-2009, 04:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome. Checked out your gallery...nice pics. If you're ever coming to Melbourne, send me a PM. Enjoy the forum

01-27-2009, 04:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
welcome

im a new brisbane member too, bought myself a K200D about 4 weeks ago, been having lots of fun playing with my first SLR
01-27-2009, 05:18 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
@dazman
Glad you like them and thanks for feedback. The ol' gallery does not get many visitors hidden away in the backwaters of the intarwebs. So any feedback is very much appreciated.

Will definitely give you a heads up when I head down... Have not been to Melbourne for ages. With a bit of luck I might be there later this year... Depends on the finances mainly.

@jezza323
Sweet... Should be a pretty good rig to go with on your first dslr. I am sure you will have many hours of fun and games pumping out the shots.
I can remember so many bad shots while going through the manual working out the settings... Fun times.

If you're ever up for a jaunt around town give me a cooee. There does not appear to be much for Brisbane in the Gatherings and Events section... Might need to start something.
01-27-2009, 01:37 PM   #7
Veteran Member

yeah id be keen for a wander around with a more experienced SLR user sometime
01-27-2009, 01:44 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Welcome on board. There are plenty more photo opportunities in Bris than Melbourne!

Look forward to your posts here

01-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #9

I say welcome on board but it's my first post as well.

I think we all miss opportunities in our own locale because we look through familiar eyes. We see the same old same old all the time and don't see what visitors see. Look around as if you are a tourist and you will be amazed at what your own neighbourhood has to offer.
01-28-2009, 03:31 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day, Scromple, welcome to this community.

I'm interested in a Brissie shoot either this Sat. morning (31 Jan) early (maybe 4:00am-4:15am to try to get pre-dawn) or the following Sat. About 3-4 weeks ago I went for an early Sat. shoot with gordon_l34m, a fellow Pentaxian from this forum's SE Queensland social group.

My new Pentax DA 55-300/F4-5.8 ED arrived today (Wed.) I'd been anxiously waiting for it to arrive from BH Photo NY. I've bought from them before, but this time it took 2.5 weeks to arrive ("Priority Mail International" seems a misnomer). I was worried it had gone missing. Anyway, I tried it just after 6PM when I got home and the resolution & colour rendition looks good - probably better then the Pentax-A 70-200/F4 I've been using for wildlife. I wish I had this new lens when I went to Australia Zoo last Saturday. Now I'm keen to try it out.

You can contact me on 3345-9298 between 5am-6am & 6.30pm-10pm weekdays and most times on the W/E. I'm an early riser.

Dan.

Last edited by dosdan; 01-28-2009 at 03:41 AM.
01-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #11
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, you'll find that there are a few of your countryman in here, some may take you up I'm sure on the "coach party outings".

Your supplying all the beers, right?
01-28-2009, 11:42 PM   #12

Welcome from another Aussie!

Though I'm a newbie as well!
01-30-2009, 11:52 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Original Poster
@Jezza323
No worries... Will give you a holler sometime then.

@roentarre
No so sure. Last time I was in Melbourne for work I didn't take the camera as I thought I'd have no time. Man, regretted that. But I also think that it200b has it. You kinda get familiar with the surroundings which seems to dull your ability to see the interesting.

@it200b
Pretty much agree. It's not always that I don't notice things... A lot is to do with not being able to go where I want to take the shots. But some of that is changing now. Getting really tired of hearing "If you have a tripod we treat you as a professional who will sell the pictures to make money. So you are not allowed to take pictures here."

@dosdan
May just take you up on that. It would probably be easier to just have a chat on the phone. Will give you a buzz during the week. Not too sure about the 4am bit... Usually going to bed round then after being out all night taking pictures. Might be good to do it the other way round for a change.

@kerrowdown
What theheck is a "coach party outing"? As for the drinking, I am not a drinker. A couple of scotches during the week is about it. If I'm out I don't drink generally. But hey Wimmers make some realy nice softdrinks.

@Miserysmalice
Noob to the forum or a nood to digital photography?? Either way gotta start somewhere. There does seem to be quite a few people from AU here. Quite a surprise.
01-31-2009, 01:17 AM   #14
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Keep the Aussies coming, I say!
Yep, we're catching onto the best cameras in the world, despite their absent marketing here.
01-31-2009, 03:08 AM   #15
Veteran Member

sell all your M lenses to me in future please Ash