Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2009, 06:44 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello

Hello.

Got the dreaded you are a lurker or unreal person message so thought I'd post a hello.

I enjoy everyone's pictures and advice. I like how people on this forum are pretty courteous to each other...and advice is constuctive not a built in demolition. I got my first DSLR last February (a Nikon D40) and picked up pentax this summer during the sale here in the US.

I have a K200D, and used the money I did not spend on the K20D to get myself a DA* 16-50 SDM for close work, and a Tammy 18-250 for the walk around. To round out the deal I picked up an AF-360 FGZ for flash work.

I am very pleased with both my lenses, and think the K200D is a real work horse of a camera. I can see why people really are loving the K20D as well, but I have no regrets since I got the good lenses. In the last month I started trying to go almost exclusively manual on my non flash shots to make me really think through everything..and hopefully get to be a better photographer.

I also am into finding used equipment. I now have a used flash bracket, used meduim size Slik tripod, and a used sto-fen flash diffuser. I've used all three once or twice since I got them in the last three weeks.

Oh well that is me...I love to photograph landscapes, people (read snapshots of my kids), close ups...oh just about anything! I also volunteer to do some photojournalism at church events to get experience in this field.

Hope to see you around.

01-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome! We're looking forward to having you on board!
01-27-2009, 09:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Post away! We'll look at anything once
01-28-2009, 01:45 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, sounds like your LBA has got a good hold on you there.