Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-25-2007, 12:55 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Hi from New Pentaxian !

Hello to all pentaxforums members,

My name is shakeel ajmal i am 27, from pakistan, professionally mobile and computer related person, photography is my hobby. i love photographing landscaps. previously owned Pentax MZ-30 as film SLR camera Plus in digital owned Fuji S5000 and then S9000 for a year and now with K10D my first Digital SLR.

i think its enough for introduction

Shakeel

03-25-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome and look forward to seeing pictures from your place on the globe.
03-25-2007, 07:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome, Shakeel!

You've got a great selection of lenses to get you started on the K10D. Please do post some photos from your beautiful country!
03-26-2007, 01:44 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Welcome, Shakeel!

You've got a great selection of lenses to get you started on the K10D. Please do post some photos from your beautiful country!
Thanks, i will post few picture of my area in few days, i have lot of pictures taken with Fujifilm S9000 but didnt travelled with K10D yet so you have to wait to see beauty of my part of the world. i am searching for a wide angle lens like 16-45 or 12-24 but unfortunatly i didnt find it in my country (i bought My K10D with help of my friend in USA from " Profeel ". ) but paying duties and shipping charges from usa to my country is just tooooo much. so i am not going to buy lens from usa at the moment. i ordered for wide angle lens from a local store (who is ordering some cameras and lenses from hongkong) lets see when i will have my lens. but because i still have three lenses from my MZ30 i am enjoying K10D. basically in my country people dont know that pentax even exist in photography. i showed my camera to few photographers they said wow i never thought pentax is still alive in photography. but i know when i will show them few sample pictures or test side by side with their cameras they will be impressed. at the moment they dont want to believe pentax is better then 400D or sony alpha or D80 and its in same league with D200 and 30D. they do like the egronomics.
anyway this is my short story, rest of match story will be later when i got some lens to be equal theirs lenses (they own L type lenses which are silent and fast althought two or three but they are much much better then mine) i know their machines and their outputs but they have no idea about mine so it will be very interesting match.

Thanks for reading my long post and have a nice day

Shakeel

03-26-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
welcome!

looking forward to you input...

cheers

randy
03-27-2007, 05:28 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum Shakeel. I hope you find a way to get the lenses without paying outrageous duty & shipping charges! Feel free to post some pre-Pentax photos until you get going with the K10.

Carol