Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #1

New pentax user from NJ!!!

I decided on the Pentax K100D Super for many reasons. I had used a canon xti previously. I liked the way it handled... it was my FIRST choice infact (budget reasons, believe me Id loveee to get a higher end camera but thats all I can afford ATM) I read many reviews online but what really attracted me was the ability to use all Kmount older glass on the new camera. They also have a higher ISO than any other camera in the same category. Their mounts and glass are also better than the other pro-sumer cameras.

Many people dissed my decision to get a pentax on the other forum I post on. It DOES have its drawbacks, such as the auto white balance being total suck indoors, the auto focus is also terrible in low light and its a lot heavier than other cameras... although thats not a huge drawback...

I am kind of torn if Ill stay with pentax... it seems like Nikon and Canon offer more features that the pentax line doesnt... Ill probably be upgrading my camera again in the fall and Im investing in a fisheye lens very soon for the pentax... hopefully Pentax will give me hope for a PRO camera in the future.

01-29-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome and congratulations on your new camera. Don't forget all the M42 lenses that can be bought cheap and are great quality, MF only though.
Pentax WB is actually not bad once you get to grips with it, it's just designed to give you more control and if you shoot RAW, it doesn't matter anyway.
Not only that, with Pentax, you don't just get a camera, you get all of us as well.
01-29-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum here. Most people have tried out a couple of systems and that makes the discussion very interesting here
02-02-2009, 08:54 PM   #4

Original Poster
Ah I didnt know that about the M42s!! I am considering buying myself the 10-17mm pentax fisheye... I cant wait to start shooting with that!