Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-31-2009, 09:47 PM   #1

Young DSLR Owner Here

Hi, My name is Patrick and I have been lurking around the forums for a few days now and decided to join up!

A little about myself:

Well I'm 17, and got my DSLR 2.5 years ago. I enjoyed using it for a year, when I just suddenly decided to stop taking pictures and put the camera away, then a few months ago I said to myself ''heck, lets see what this camera can still do'' And boy was I blown away by the quality of pictures this camera still produces anyway I've been hiding my model of Pentax from you long enough here is a list of my gear as well as a picture below:

Pentax K100D DSLR

1. Pentax SMC DA 18-55mm kit lens
2. Pentax SMC DA 50-200mm
3. Pentax-A SMC 50mm
4. Pentax-A SMC 50mm
5. Pentax FA SMC 28-70mm
6. Pentax F SMC 35-70mm
7.Pentax-A 28mm
8. Ashahi Pentax 50mm
9. Asahi Pentax 40mm ‘pancake’
10. Takumar A 70-200mm
11. Opteka 500mm mirror lens
12. Zenitar Fisheye

Flashes:
1.Vivitar 730AF

Cases:
1. Small Pentax camera case
2. Medium Pentax camera case
3.Atlas Camera backpack

Well thats about all I have to say for now

Attached Images

01-31-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome Patrick, you sure have some kit there. It was criminal of you to leave it all in the closet. Next time you feel like putting them in a closet, put them in a box and send them to me.
01-31-2009, 10:09 PM   #3

Original Poster
Holy smokes talk about a quick reply! My main reason for sticking all that stuff in the closet was mostly because my friends though it was 'gay' and also because I lived in a not so jolly part of town and it was better to keep them hidden than to get them stolen, but fast forward a year and a half, and now I got friends who like cameras, and I moved to the country and that makes a excellent recipe to get me back in the game

I should(nt) mention that I got the Pentax FA SMC 28-70mm Pentax F SMC 35-70mm, and the brown pentax bag with a Pentax MZ-? for $55 at a pawn shop, who ever owned that equipment took very good care of it, everything was (and still is) like new
02-01-2009, 05:43 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
hey welcome to the jungle Pat!

Thats a heck of a kit you got there! And $55 for an MZ, those 2 lenses and the bag is a steal!

Now let's see what you can do with that setup

Pat

02-01-2009, 06:06 AM   #5

Aren't so-called 'friends' great. Good too know you're somewhere where having an interest in something supposedly 'gay' is not such an issue and your gear's not likely to end up being stolen. Look forward to seeing some shots. Enjoy
02-01-2009, 08:12 AM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by HouseOfHorla Quote
Aren't so-called 'friends' great. Good too know you're somewhere where having an interest in something supposedly 'gay' is not such an issue and your gear's not likely to end up being stolen. Look forward to seeing some shots. Enjoy
Ditto from me too!! I have a son your age and some of his peers think some of things he does is "gay" too. It's a shame kids are like that and inconsiderate these days.

Also, I'm jealous of all the equipment you have at such a young age. I hope to see lots of pictures from you!
02-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Patrick, now you know that since you joined here, you have to show off some of that Canadian countryside !! Looking forward to seeing some photos from your part of the world!!
02-01-2009, 11:12 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wildnsyko Quote
Ditto from me too!! I have a son your age and some of his peers think some of things he does is "gay" too. It's a shame kids are like that and inconsiderate these days.
I dunno, that's just kids being kids i think =b Welcome to the forums and post some pictures! i envy your collection personally

02-01-2009, 12:23 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Pretty impressive collection. When I was your age, I spent most of my money on girls and booze. The rest I wasted.

Welcome aboard!
02-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #10

Original Poster
Hey guys thanks for such a warm welcome! I have dad to thank for getting me those lenses he was the one who spend late nights on the bay looking for only pristine examples of lenses, That collection I have now is what we got in about 6months time, he was the one with LBA

Anyway, you guys wanted some pictures? Well it is pretty darn flat here and in the dead of winter, but I do have a couple pictures of my dogs (not very original I know) Keep in mind I'm still a little rusty from not using the K100D in awhile so be nice The dog in the first picture is named Coco, and the other is lizzy, They were shot with the Pentax 50-200mm with the Vivitar flash...
Attached Images

02-01-2009, 01:29 PM   #11
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice ones Patrick.
Welcome to the club.
You'll learn lots here and find yourself enjoying photography more and more.
Keep posting!