Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2007, 04:20 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Slainte from Ireland

Hey folks,
I've just signed up as a member here. Some very interesting discussions and good advice. I've been a pentax user for a number of years, my first camera of any description was a pentax mz 50 which i loved. I bought the body on sale when I was a college student and had to wait about three months before i could afford a lens to put on it! Moved to Korea for a while and left the camera behind me in a taxi and was devestated so set about replacing it. I got an mz 30 and started to get a bit more creative, and my interest grew so i then got a second hand p30 with a 50mm 1.4. lens on it also. Quickly added a few extra lenses like a sigma 24-? zoom and a decent flash, etc. As i got more into photography i decided to upgrade the mz 30 witha canon eos 30, which in hindsight turned out to be a big mistake. i never got on with the canon and other interests pulled me in other directions. I then acquired a mint ME super and started to use it a lot, a gorgeous camera. Finally it was time to take the digital plunge so a K100D arrived late last week and so far so good.
so that's my pentax story,
nice to meet ye all!
eoin

03-27-2007, 05:02 AM   #2
Veteran Member

IRELAND, one of my top 5 places I want to visit before I die. Welcome aboard and look forward to seeing your pictures. You will find many helpfull people here.
03-27-2007, 05:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello and welcome!

good to have you aboard, looking forward to some pics from Ireland

cheers

randy
03-27-2007, 05:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum Eoin, I think you are the first from Ireland to join! I visited your beautiful country a LONG time ago when my high school band marched in the Rose of Tralee festival. The beauty of the Irish countryside is still with me.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures

Carol

03-27-2007, 06:54 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Hi Oinkley! I a ton of photos but landscape shots from Ireland and Scotland rank high among my favourites.

Read about how you had to wait 3 months until you can afford a lens. I know how that feels. I wrecked one of my very first point and shoot cameras when I was 12 - had to wait about as long as you did to buy a replacement. Even though my dad had his Olympus point and shoot, he wouldn't let me use it so that I would learn my lesson about taking care of my stuff.

Welcome!