Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2007, 04:54 PM   #1
Inactive Account

It's a great pleasure joining you here!

Hallo everyone!

I got K10D a month ago, my very first DSLR, which is a wonderful gear! I have Canon IXY1000 but could not resist to buy Pentax when I met it at the store.

As, probablly, many people agree with me, it is the best D-camera in the mid-range market right now, the only thing is that it is rather hard to find its lens and accessary but, I guess, it makes it more attractive! And I am lucky enough to travel to Japan 1-2 time a year for my job, I will have access to more Pentax lens/accessaries than I am in US. ( In April, I plan to buy FA77m Ltd and FA31m Ltd there, yey!)

I reside in Southern California, USA, near beach, it's such a gorgeous place to take photo, though I misse the place I used to live a lot. (I've moved from London/Amsterdam 4 years ago.)

Anyways, very very nice meeting you all, I am sure I will enjoy this site with all Pentax lovers!!

zenzenyoyo

Last edited by zenzenyoyo; 03-27-2007 at 05:01 PM.
03-27-2007, 06:11 PM   #2

Welcome aboard!

Happy to see you here. Only had my K10D for about 3 weeks myself and I'm like a kid with a new toy. A very serious toy.
Happy shooting on your travels and come back and share your pictures with us!
03-27-2007, 06:21 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Definately!

Thanks for warm welcome! Yes, I totally agree with you, this new camera definately makes me like a kid!! Ever since I got this, I am so enjoying every single minutes with it. I've never felt this excitement for a long time, thanks Pentax. Definately, I will upload photo that I took with K10D soon. (though you have to excuse my amature level of photo skills!?)

See you around!
zenzenyoyo
03-28-2007, 06:12 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum zenzenyoyo, you sound like quite the world traveler. That's wonderful because you'll be able to share new and wonderful places with us through your camera! Looking foward to seeing some pictures.

Carol

03-28-2007, 09:54 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
K10D makes traveling even more fun for sure!

Carol and everyone,

Thanks again for your warm welcome to the site and Pentax!
Yes, absolutly I would like to introduce things/people/landscape/culture from whereever I visit via Pentax camera! I have been traveling some and I regret that I did not have good camera like SLR before to take advantage of that. Because, with K10D, even just pieces from everyday life around me become such a great pictures, I am sure I will enjoy my traveling and K10D makes it even more joyful.

I have seen many photo that you folks share with all of us and read many interesting and informative threads, I already enjoy being here. But the most of all, it seems to me that people here are so cool!

See you around!
zenzenyoyo
03-28-2007, 10:34 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
My photo

Hallo everyone

It's me again. Probablly I should post photo at photo gallery area, but I would like to post these as my introduction photo, since I did not have access to those yesterday when I signed up. Next ones, I will start posting at appropriate page.

See you later,
zenzenyoyo

Last edited by zenzenyoyo; 07-27-2007 at 10:12 AM.
03-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Hi Zenzenyoyo! That's a fun handle to say ten times quickly How'd you come up with it?

That's a really nice floral macro you got there! I'm still at work, but when I have time I'll try to visit your website.

Can't wait to see what else you have in store
03-28-2007, 02:13 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks for the complement!

Alvin

Thanks for the complement for my photo. I am a beginner but DFA100m Macro does the job! The lens is very sharp and fun! I recently got DA10-17m fish eye, I am still practicing it but it's also such a fun lens that I love.

Ya, my handle name, it's unique, I have seen it only a couple time that other persons use besides me. Mine comes from "zen" - Japanese/Chinese philophophy - x 2!. + groovy feeling of "yo!" x 2 = zenzenyoyo.

I will play with K10D more and will post more photo!

See you later!
zenzenyoyo

03-28-2007, 03:45 PM   #9
Veteran Member

zenzenyoyo - you'll have fun with that fisheye too! I'm trying to see what sort of closeup shots I can get. It makes things look really funky.

Can't wait to see more of your shots!
03-28-2007, 04:35 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Great shots. I love the colors and the captures. You do a very nice job. welcome to the forum and I hope to see much more from you posted here.
03-28-2007, 05:59 PM   #11
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by zenzenyoyo Quote
Alvin

I recently got DA10-17m fish eye, I am still practicing it but it's also such a fun lens that I love.
Hi Zenzenyoyo:

I also live in Southern California. I have a 10-17mm as well, as you can see from my ID image over there <------. I find a few shots with my left elbow in it at 10mm if I'm not careful :-)

Have fun.
03-28-2007, 08:57 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks!

Dear Photo Tramp

Thanks for your nice words! It really encourages me when experienced photographer like you give real words about my photo. It was not so easy but it was surely a great fun playing with Pentax and having a result like these shots that I am actually proud of. I will keep working and share new ones with you guys!

Dear SpecialK

Alright, fellow Californian! though I am still kind of new here, I am not so familier with places here, yet. Your photo give me good ideas that where/what I want to take shots next. I love the once from roller coaster! Some day, I want to be able to take shots like them! See you around here at Pentax site and So Cal!
03-29-2007, 05:32 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Beautiful colors on the flower macro, and the first picture has a very calm, serene feeling to it. What a great introduction to your pictures! Thanks for posting them.

Carol