Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2009, 02:27 AM   #1
Tas

Hello from Adelaide Australia

Hello, my nickname is Tas because I come from Tasmania. I currently live in Adelaide and post photos on Flickr as Noompty.

Flickr: noompty's Photostream

I'm the happy owner of a K10D, and look forward to learning from fellow Pentaxians in this forum.

Hooroo for now.

02-07-2009, 03:31 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
G'day, Tas, and welcome to the forum. There's a few other people from Adelaide here and one or two others who live outside the city (I'm on Kangaroo Island). It's an incredibly friendly, tolerant, helpful and knowledgeable forum and I'm sure you'll find your own place here. Some lovely shots on your Flickr gallery. Look forward to seeing you post some here.
02-07-2009, 03:36 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum and I like your flickr gallery. Glad to have you on board!
02-07-2009, 04:25 AM   #4
Tas

Hi Wombat,

Thanks for the welcome I'll have a look at some pics not on Flickr to post here.

G'day James,

Thanks for saying hello; must say I'm jealous of some of your lenses.

Tas

02-07-2009, 04:34 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Bet you've been wishing you were back in Tassie these last two weeks. I was in Adelaide on Tues. and Wed. and it was roasting! We used to live in Gawler and it was always one or two degrees hotter even there than in town; (one of the reasons we moved to KI). Anyway, looks like it's all over for the moment. Time to get out with the camera again.

You might want to check out MoiVou's (Chris) excellent list of where to buy gear in Oz. He's from Adelaide and has quite a few local resources. Just do a search.
02-07-2009, 05:10 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Hey Tas. Welcome to the forum. Nice set of pics on your flickr. Enjoy your time here.
02-07-2009, 05:54 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
Hello, my nickname is Tas because I come from Tasmania. I currently live in Adelaide and post photos on Flickr as Noompty.

Flickr: noompty's Photostream

I'm the happy owner of a K10D, and look forward to learning from fellow Pentaxians in this forum.

Hooroo for now.
Greetings Tas!

Welcome to the forum. Nice to have another resident of SA in the forum! And to echo everyone else - great images - you have an eye for colour and composition!

As Wombat has pointed out, there are a few South Aussie residents around here. In fact I'm wondering if there are enough to warrant setting up a social group. If anyone is interested, drop me a PM!

In the meantime Tas, keep those great images coming in!

Cheers

02-07-2009, 06:15 AM   #8
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

G'day Tas.
Spectacular captures you've got in your collection.
Thanks for sharing and welcome.
Look forward to seeing more of your scenes.
02-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, you will find there is just one or two other Aussies in here.
02-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #10

Hi I'm also from adelaide and a Pentax shooter.
If you haven't guessed my name is Stefan and I use Flickr as the main source for people to view my photos. Also use stefan-23 as my username or photos/stefan-shihai23/
I've finished Year 12 in 2008 and aim to pursue photography into a career.
02-09-2009, 03:02 AM   #11
Tas

Wombat, Daz, Chris, Ash, Jock & Stefan; thank you for the welcomes.

Wombat: I think I replied in gmail, please let me know if I didn't.

Daz: I'm glad you liked my Flickr pics. Hopefully I can add to those here and improve on my shots with everyone's feedback and advice.

Chris: Thank you for the compliments. I hope that means that I'm heading in the right direction. Please keep me in mind if an SA get together of Pentaxians looks viable. I see photographers when I'm out and about, but I must have cooties or something, as very rarely does anyone say hello. It would be good to change that.

Ash: Having recently left Brisbane it's nice to see some shots of my recent home. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Kerrowdown: G'day mate, ta for the welcome, I bet there's a few Scots floating around here too.

Stefan: My son is probably the same age as you, but unlike him you have a cool camera. Man, I must be a slack dad. Best of luck with your plans, I think the k10d is a good camera to learn with.

Last edited by Tas; 02-09-2009 at 03:39 AM.
02-10-2009, 02:50 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Hi there, I just enjoy going through your flickr stream.. What you do with that sigma 10-20mm are just WOW.. S.A. Pentax meet .. An idea I have need to make happen also..
02-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #13
Tas

G'day Adrian, we meet again. A meet sounds like a good idea, we can compare notes on the 10-17/10-20.