Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-27-2007, 08:27 PM   #1

Jason DSLR newbie :)

Hi all, Jason here from Malaysia. Just purchased a K100D last week and totally enjoying the experience (previously using a Canon Ixus 40).

I am a total newbie to DSLRs and am learning the ropes. As for now, I am mainly using the 55 -200mm DA lens with Program mode setting and auto-focus. Didn't like the Auto-Pict mode as it didn't provide the right colour and sharpness for certain scenes.

Anyway, my first shots are included. Do hope to hear more from all fellow Pentaxians

Attached Images

03-28-2007, 06:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Jason! Judging by your first pictures, you'll be sharing a lot of wonderful pictures with us. Looks like you had some pretty tough lighting challenges in the second picture.

Looking foward to seeing more pictures!

Carol
03-28-2007, 07:19 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by xfraser Quote
Welcome to the forum Jason! Judging by your first pictures, you'll be sharing a lot of wonderful pictures with us. Looks like you had some pretty tough lighting challenges in the second picture.

Looking foward to seeing more pictures!

Carol
Hi Carol, thanks for your kind comments. It took me several shots for the second picture before getting it right.

Here's some I took outside my house. Color in the second picture looks somewhat dull though
Attached Images

03-28-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Nice shots there! Welcome to the forums!

I agree with Carol, you really had a difficult lighting situation with that second shot. I know you will have good time in here. Can't wait to see more of your work

03-29-2007, 05:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member

You're right about the second picture, I'm not sure what happened there, but the colors in the third picture look good!

Carol
03-29-2007, 06:54 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I think your second photo from the second set was just a touch underexposed. If you bump up the highlights and shadows a little with Picasa, you may be able to bring out a little more "pop". Make sure to look at the histogram while you do this. If I have time, and if you don't mind, may I play with that pic and repost here tonight?
04-17-2007, 03:28 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
I think your second photo from the second set was just a touch underexposed. If you bump up the highlights and shadows a little with Picasa, you may be able to bring out a little more "pop". Make sure to look at the histogram while you do this. If I have time, and if you don't mind, may I play with that pic and repost here tonight?
Hi Alvin, thanks for your input. If you could show a sample of what you mean, that would be much appreciated.

Anyway, there are some sample photos I attached from my Bangkok trip.

Below is also a link to more of my photos from my recent trip. Hope everyone enjoys

Link :
Flickr: Photos from jasonloots
Attached Images