Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2009, 05:16 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Waiting On The Big Brown Truck

Hi from New Hampshire!

Well, today is the day ( I hope ).

The big brown truck is going to bring my new K200d and DA 16 45 and DA 55-300. The timing could not be better. It is supposed to be 50 degrees here tomorrow so I will get a chance to go out and use it. Considering this is about 60 degrees warmer than it has been, I am pretty excited.

I bought this camera after a lot of research and angst. I will primarily be using it for taking photos of wildlife and landscapes here in New England.

It is my first DSLR, but I have a Canon S5IS and have shot 35mm film cameras for years as well as a Mamiya 645.

I'm 54, married to the most beautiful woman in the world and have two great sons, one in college and one in high school. I am retired from the real work world and now run my own custom woodcarving and turning business to keep me busy.

My decision to purchase a Pentax camera was made the minute I held one in my hand. I feel like I've done my homework and have made the perfect decision for me.

Now, if that big brown truck would just get here!

Al in Snowy Beautiful New Hampshire

02-10-2009, 06:09 AM   #2
Inactive Account

I feel for you! I've been held hostage by a truck or two (or three) in the past couple of weeks... The wait is worth it though! Don't forget to post some pics with your new gear!

- Andrew
02-10-2009, 01:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum and congradulation to your new camera gear! Share your inspirations with us and post more images
02-10-2009, 06:37 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Great to see a new forum member with such excitement and enthusiasm. And what a great occupation you have, too. I used to do a bit of wood turning years ago and it's so satisfying to make useful, practical things that are beautiful to look at and hold. Post up some pics of your work after the big brown truck has dropped its goodies on your doorstep.

Welcome.

02-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I understand your waiting. I rushed out to meet the Big Brown Truck as soon as stopped in front of my house last week. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I now enjoy mine!
02-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I had Canon when lived in New England and now I have Pentax..... I wish had Pentax when I was there
02-11-2009, 08:31 AM   #7
AGW
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you all for the warm welcome! The big brown truck brought my camera and one lens, the other is on the way still.

Time to sit down with a cup of coffee and read the manual with the camera in hand and then go see if my eyes and my head can cooperate so the camera sees what I do!

Thanks again.

Al
02-12-2009, 01:45 AM   #8
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum, second truck not coming I've hijacked it for all your new gear.

02-12-2009, 05:00 AM   #9
AGW
Inactive Account

Original Poster
LOL - that's funny - and sneaky - I like it LOL

AL
02-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #10
Forum Member

Hee hee - Yep, add me to the waiting-for-gear club