Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2006, 04:29 PM   #1

Introduction

Hello all,
I've been reading your postings intently for several months. I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Tony Renier from Green Bay, WI, USA. My interest and hence loyalty to pentax products started in the seventies with an SP1000. Of course within months the K Cams were introduced but I stuck to the screw mount for many years and had a 55,100,300 and a teleconverter and close up tubes. I did purchase a K1000 in the 80's and have several lenses. Amazingly the sp held out longer than the k. So again I worked with my threadmounts and took some darned fine shots. The meter pooped out on the sp so I used a handheld since. (there were also 2 shutter repairs)
2 years ago I lusted after a ZX-M at Tristate Camera and ordered it, to shoot my stepson's wedding. Just before the wedding they called and said they had none in stock. They offered me a ZX-60 which I took without realizing it's limitations.
Last month I finally had enough to purchase a DSLR and found the ist DS selling for 10 dollars more than the DL even with the rebate. I picked up a 50mm f1.4 from b&h and I have a tamron 28-80 and 75-300 with autofocus for the 60 and a 100 and a 35 kmount from the K1000. The ZX is a poor substitute for the K1000, really cumbersome to use in manual.
The DS is a wonder, I love it. It feels as solid as the SP and the K, takes great shots and works with all my lenses. At this point I'm really not lusting after the K10D except for the sensor cleaner.
Well, that's me in a nutshell.
Tony Renier

10-23-2006, 05:14 PM   #2

Hi Tony, from your neighbor to the south.
10-23-2006, 08:35 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome- I've moved the thread to the introductions forum.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: