Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2006, 07:33 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Another new user

Well I come to this board because in my mind.. I have decided to go Pentax for my first DSLR

I have a varied photography career. I learned my f-stops and exposure on an old Argus camera my dad brought home from WWII. Later I gained a Minolta SRT-201 and continued on.

I joined the USAF and they made me a graphics design artist and we had photographers who were using Nikon F-3's.. they made me learn those too. I went on to using the F-4. At home, I had a Olympus IS-1 as my film camera.

Later in my AF career I used KODAK DCS-460's and 620's.. A Minolta special camera simular to the old Sony Mavica digital cameras. Then the Nikon DX1 and now the DX2 and D-70's. AT home i have been using a Kodak Z-740 to good effect.. but its time to upgrade.

but its time for me to get a digital SLR and the K10D looks good to me and I know that I can find a use for such a camera. I have been lurking on the boards about it for a week, after I got over my infactuation with the Nikon D-80.

My cousin has already promised me his old Pentax lenses.. two old zooms from his K-1000 days and a AF lens that he claims was made by Sigma.. so I will have a kit when his box gets to me after I order.

Cheers to you all

10-23-2006, 08:30 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Pentax! I hope you enjoy your new DSLR- I sure am eager for my K10D to arrive!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: