Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2009, 10:19 PM   #1

Greetings from the Land of Enchantment

Recently the urge to pick up a camera and start shooting again has become a little overwhelming. So I did some research on the web looking up the usual brands, but just couldn't find what I wanted. Then I thought the old K1000 was a great camera back in my school days so maybe Pentax would have a good option. To make a long story short I spent the last 3 weeks or so reading up on everything that Pentax has to offer, stumbled upon this site and decided to take the plunge.

I purchased the K20D, the DA* 50-135mm lens and I couldn't be happier. The ability to have a full weather proof system (desert environment here), a camera you can grow into and a plethora of options when it comes to lens is unmatched as far as I know.

Anyways, I just wanted to poke my head in to say hi and look forward to becoming a part of this community.

Thanks

02-20-2009, 11:32 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Hi, and welcome to the forum.With the k20 and 50-135mm your off to a great start.Looking forward to seeing some pics.
02-21-2009, 05:26 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Greetings to you, from down under.

You've certainly made a good choice with the K20D. I picked up SLR photography after a long lapse, with an *istD and now a K20D. My first SLR was a Pentax, a long time before the K1000 appeared. Other brands have their supporters and detractors, but most of us are here for the wealth of good advice that's out among the Pentax forum members.

Have a good time while you're here.

Rob
02-21-2009, 06:27 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi, welcome to this forum. Great set of gear you have, you can always show us your results

02-22-2009, 04:59 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, enjoy that great equipment you have there.