Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Newcomer

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just upgraded my digital point & shoot camera which was a Canon & bought a Pentax K200D with the 18-55 lens. I plan to buy a telephoto lens, external flash, & possibly a macro lens etc. in the future. I had a film SLR camera in the past but mostly used it on automatic. I am doing some reading to review things like aperture, shutter speed etc. I want to learn as much as I can about how to take good pictures in various situations.

I take mostly family, my pets, some travel & scenery & would like to take more nature photos. I would like to try macro photography especially with flowers & possibly some still life. I would like to learn how to take good photos in low light situations like the one I encountered a while ago where the moon was shining through the trees in my back yard.

I look forward to being part of this group.

Janice

02-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new camera. You'll find lots of helpful people here when you have any questions.
02-23-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forums Janice. Very nice camera. You might find some interesting macro info here:
Shooting Macros Section 1 - Equipment Enticing the Light

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/51505-my-macro-photos.html

02-24-2009, 03:22 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Janice, welcome to the forums!

02-24-2009, 03:34 AM   #5

well - we feel a bit lonely on the other side of the atlantic, don't we ? Philippe from Lyon, are you still around ?
02-24-2009, 10:55 PM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the Forum, and congratulations on a great camera!