Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #1

Old to NEW

Hi to everyone, new to Digital and not to aware of Film, although my father was a photographer for ever I have boxes of /slides photos that I have been slowly going through since he passed away. I also have an odd assortment of camera equipment that he used and loved. I have to say it was well used. I grew up with him in all his free time taking and developing photos, I had the typical chilrens cameras but untill recently never had the love he had. I am now trying to sort out what I have and to find someone who maybe looking for some well used.

He was a Pentax body camera man with various lens, I hope to learn here as to what they are so that I can describe them, so that I can find good homes for them.

I have gotten some help, he told me of this forum, so here I am and will soon be asking lots of questions.

Judi

02-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Welcome Judi, ask away.
02-25-2009, 01:23 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Judi, you're very welcome! Feel yourself at home at these friendly forum
02-25-2009, 03:00 PM   #4

welcome, and feel free to share some of your favorite pictures, i always learn the most from looking at other peoples picutres. plus I am stuck indoors all day and rarely get to shoot these days.

02-25-2009, 04:09 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome Judi.. post some pictures of all the old equipment, its always fun to see other peoples stuff.
02-26-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum.

Interestingly enough and something you may not be already aware of, is that your late fathers lenses still work even with more modern day Pentax cameras too, with varying levels of compatability.
02-28-2009, 07:57 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome to these forums.

I agree with kerrowdown: Just about all of the order equipment can be used with the newer Pentax digital cameras (screw mount lenses can be used with a K-mount adapter, for example, which can be had for cheap). Also, There's many ways to convert slide images to digital (some for cheap, that you can use yourself, to some more expensive ways too).

I've been tempted to convert some of my fathers' B&W slides to digital, but who's got the time?