Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2009, 09:55 AM   #1
Forum Member

Location: The 808 State: Hawaii. From Nikon to PENTAX to Canon to Pentax
Photos: Gallery
Another Pentax noob Checkin in ^_^

Hello!! I would like to formally introduce myself. My Name is walt and am proud to be owning a Pentax k10d dslr that I just recently purchased. Well, My background in photography is that I was shooting film with my Mom when i was alittle kid and we were shooting with a Minolta. Then I got out of it as cars and videogames took more of an interest for me. Then I got back into 2 years ago with a nikon d40 and was on nikonians.org . I loved my nikon d40 & lens but I felt I have used the d40's full potential and made sure I was ready for an upgrade. So thanks to my in-law who also shoots with a Pentax k20d and k10d, suaded me to the Pentax side. And now cant wait to own my own k10d after playing with his.

Also I think that the pentax's "Instigate, Incite, Inspire" marketing slogan sounds way cooler than Nikon's " At the heart of the image" and Canon's "image ANYware"!! Hopefully I can get my hands on a great lens and start shooting. I'm pretty sure there are Pentax Forum shooters that has flickr accounts, so here's mine if anyone wants to add me.
Flickr: iNVision ART's Photostream

02-25-2009, 03:39 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Walt, welcome to these forums!
02-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome to the forum Walt. I'm sure everyone hates you because of where you live. I know you will love your new camera.
I was stationed in Ohau in 73 & 74. Great Surfing...
02-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
Welcome to the forum Walt. I'm sure everyone hates you because of where you live. I know you will love your new camera.
I was stationed in Ohau in 73 & 74. Great Surfing...
HahaHa... Thanks for the warm Welcome sir!! I hope they wont flame me just because of where I live!! Also thanks Rense for the warm welcome.. Still cant wait for my baby to come in so I can start shooting.

02-25-2009, 08:37 PM   #5
Damn Brit

Welcome to the forum Walt, I always wanted to go to Hawaii after seeing Elvis Presley movies when I was a kid. I finally got to go last summer but it wasn't quite how I remembered it in the movies. Still very beautiful though.
I hope you are going to persuade your Pentax shooting in-law to join the forum also.
02-26-2009, 03:01 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome Walt. Hope the K10 is all that you want & need...& more. Enjoy the forum
02-26-2009, 03:51 AM   #7
Veteran Member

welcome to the forum too. You have a very nice gallery there!
02-26-2009, 05:07 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
welcome to the forum too. You have a very nice gallery there!
Thank you sir!! But I love all your shot that you took with your k10d!!

03-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Welcome to Pentaxville Walt. Let me know if you have any questions about your K10D.
03-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I am sure you will be happy here and with your Pentax.
03-03-2009, 02:31 AM   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by HawaiianOnline Quote
Welcome to Pentaxville Walt. Let me know if you have any questions about your K10D.
Hey brother. Sorry, I dont know what to call you, Cousin/ or brother as I dont see you as an "in-law" Thank you for all the helpful hints as I'm getting a headache remembering all those niffy features as compared to my d40.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit:
hope you are going to persuade your Pentax shooting in-law to join the forum also
Actually i found out that he's on here for awhile!! His handle is "Hawaiian online" and he is my liason to the photography Gods!!

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick:
I am sure you will be happy here and with your Pentax.
Thank you sir. Right now, its very overwhelming as there are alot more hands on features as compared to my old Nikon d40. Alot to research, trial and error, and shooting!

-Thank you all for the warm welcome!! Viva la Pentax Forums
03-05-2009, 12:19 PM   #12
Moderator PEG Judges

Well that's the formal intro bit done, welcome to the forum, enjoy it and that new Pentax kit you have there.
03-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #13
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by iNVision ART Quote
Hello!! I would like to formally introduce myself. My Name is walt...
I believe that is an informal introduction. "Walter" would be formal :-}

Welcome to the forum. It is a great place to talk politics and UFO's, lately. Some photo stuff, too.

Ft. Shafter, 1977-79.
03-06-2009, 12:39 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by iNVision ART Quote
Hey brother. Sorry, I dont know what to call you, Cousin/ or brother as I dont see you as an "in-law" Thank you for all the helpful hints as I'm getting a headache remembering all those niffy features as compared to my d40.
No worries, just take your time and learn the camera. Heck, don't even try to drill every single feature into your head. Check them out and see which one's you'd really like to use. Just ask questions when you do get lost. Someone here will probably know the answer.