Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2009, 04:56 PM   #1

hello from southeast Ohio

I just wanted to introduce myself. I live in a small town in Southeastern Ohio, not much happends here, which can be a good thing, I live a few miles from the original Bob Evans Farm, and about 15 minutes across the river from Pt. Pleasant, where the "Mothman" has been sighted, and movie was produced a few years ago.

I signed up few days ago, just now getting on to explore. I have owned a *istD for about 3 years now, have 18-55 kits lens and Pentax 50-200. I've really enjoyed my pentax, been the odd ball in the crowds with it, but that's ok, I've took several thousands of pics during those years. I especially like anything nature. I have had a few paying jobs- couple of small weddings, school programs, dance recital & a graduation for family, friends, referrals.

I did however order a new K20d body last weekend and can't wait for it to be delivered. I ordered it the last day the $100 rebate was going on.

I'm looking forward talking to everyone, sharing ideas, reviews and such.
~crystal

02-25-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Crystal, welcome on these forums! Hope to see some pictures of Southeastern Ohio (probably with not much happening on it?)!
02-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Crystal,

Let me guess, you live in or near Galipolis OH? Had an uncle that lived there (CEO of Holtzer medical whatever and the hospital there). Driven more than one sports car through that area and even took my motorcycle through that area a couple of years ago. Almost as good a riding as we have here in the mountains of NC. I'm originally from NE Ohio so I have a soft spot for that area.

Take care,
Terry
02-25-2009, 07:33 PM   #4

So you are close then to Parkersburg, WV? If so, we (wife, mother and sister-in-law) tried our best to find the "Mothman" and the shadow man last year. Good (albeit freezing cold) times.

02-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #5

Welcome to the forum. I am from NE Ohio. I visit Beaver creek park in fall. A great place for landscape photos.
02-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #6
Damn Brit

Hi Crystal, welcome to the forum.
02-26-2009, 02:12 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Hi & Welcome Crystal. Always a pleasure to welcome another "odd ball" to the family. I'm sure you'll enjoy the K20 - great camera. Enjoy the forum
02-26-2009, 06:15 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard Crystal! Enjoy your photography with new toy and have fun in forum.

02-26-2009, 10:45 PM   #9
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, Crystal, from a fellow Ohioan (I live in SW Ohio, close to Cincinnati, when I'm not in Peru). Congratulations on the new camera -- you're going to have a blast, I'm sure!