Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2009, 08:32 PM   #1

New user, trying to get back into it

Noob here, a brief lurker here a long time ago and been out of photography for several years but looking to get back into it. First real camera was a Pentax 90WR P&S (35mm 38-90mm Weatherproof camera from the early-mid 90's still working great to this day). Within a couple of years moved up to a Canon EOS and a few nice lenses. Always appreciated the simple design and flexibility of the Pentax system though, and started getting into the used market mainly through Ebay, mostly screw mount & K-mount equipment though I have far too much equipment from several different systems at this point. Definitely enjoy the bargains in older optics that can still be used with great results with newer cameras, so Pentax is a natural draw. Been playing the waiting game for several years on Digital SLRs to become affordable, hopefully that first DSLR comes soon.

02-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome. We are kindred spirits: I, too, was out of photography for a while. I wandered away from my Nikon film shooting for a number of probably unimportant reasons. But now I'm back (with a Pentax DSLR) and really happy to be shooting again. I'm sure you will be, too. There are some awesome deals out there on Pentax equipment, both new and used, so I'm sure you'll be "back in the saddle" again real soon. Enjoy!
02-26-2009, 10:56 PM   #3
F16

Original Poster
Thanks, sounds like a similar story :P And I'm sure my disturbing addiction for equipment bargains is a similar story on these boards as well.
02-27-2009, 05:35 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by F16 Quote
Thanks, sounds like a similar story :P And I'm sure my disturbing addiction for equipment bargains is a similar story on these boards as well.
Welcome F16!