Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-27-2009, 06:58 PM   #16
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks to you all!

I greatly appreciate the warm welcome from old friends and new friends alike....all except you Ironshot...you just had to go and post that fine looking peanut, didn't you? Full well knowing that Festus watches over my shoulder and now demands that I travel to where ever on earth that handsome peanut is and retrieve it for him...at once! I just got here and already you are giving me a hard time! Can I at least tell Festus you will mail it to him, so I can get some peace tonight? You can tell from his weight that he is half starving here.....

02-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Rupert! Glad to see that you have found another home since you were banned from your old one at DPR. I look forward to seeing what Festus and his kin are up to these days, and to enjoying your wit again. Too bad that some malicious soul back at DPR pushed the complaint button - DPR's loss and PF's gain IMO.

Keep those squirrel shots coming!

Regards, Jim
02-28-2009, 01:24 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hi Rupert,

Glad to see you hear.
I don't know that you're member in this forum also.
Welcome to this great forum that doesn't ban people whenever they want.
Man, I think you're more like celebrity in Pentax world. See how many people got upset with you missing from DPR.
I hope your festus will find it home here.
02-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Herman.....but!

I am no celebrity here a or anywhere else, I am just old Rupert. The Star* is and always has been Festus! He sure runs the show at my place, and if you like squirrels and squirrel humor, he is sure to entertain from time to time.
I thank you, as well as everyone else for the warm welcome and hope to learn much on this great site. It appears that Adam has made some wonderful improvements since I last spent time here, and the site is a shooters dream and a troublemakers nightmare. I love the breakdown of specific forums for different subjects, the Maketplace, and the attitudes of the members here, dedicated to learning, helping and enjoying. As a true amateur with plenty of learning needs, I look forward to learning as much as I can, without having to fend off flamers, trolls, and other distractions that impede all of our success.

I think my squirrels have found a very "Happy Home"!

02-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Rupert, glad to see so here, it is a more friendly place. The little guy that claims he is Festus's nephew sends greetings.
02-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #21

New place to land

I knew you and Festus would land in a new location and glad your back

Zmem
03-01-2009, 01:12 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I read them all....

I've read every reply here, with Festus over my shoulder reading too. (He is a better reader than I am BTW).
I thank you all for the warm welcome and appreciate the kind words. I look forward to your company here and to learn and share together.
For some new here or others like me that haven't been here for a while, I hope you will take the time to thoroughly look the site over and learn to use it to your benefit. Adam and staff have made some very nice improvements, and it is really a great place for serious shooters and amateurs alike. The breakdown of various "Forum Topics", while at first seems strange from DPR, is actually quite innovative and prevents your questions or answers from getting lost in a sea of posts that mostly appeal to sensationalism where not much is accomplished. The Marketplace is a neat place to buy, sell, browse or just do a liitle lens dreaming.
Don't overlook the Galleries, they offer some nice work by the shooters here, and you can join in and add your own....for Free!
Yes, if you will give this site a little tour, take a little of your time to learn it, and realize that it is much more user friendly than some others, I think you will be as happy as me and Festus are to be here.
Someone was even nice enough to give Festus this apple slice while he was waiting for me to type this......

03-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #23
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Glad to see that the enforced ban did not inspire Festus to go on a hunger strike. An international sensation needs his sustenance after all. LOL

Robin
03-01-2009, 02:06 PM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
The breakdown of various "Forum Topics", while at first seems strange from DPR, is actually quite innovative and prevents your questions or answers from getting lost in a sea of posts that mostly appeal to sensationalism where not much is accomplished.
My daughter, who isn't allowed to enter dpreview anyway (she's 16 - I don't think there's an 18 year age limit here?) told me that this is exactly what she missed about the dpreview forums. So while old farts like me (who tend to think that running a USENET news reader in a terminal window is all you need for internet discussion groups) may be attracted to the simplicity of the dpreview forums, I think that you and my daughter are right that a forum like this one is more useful and functional in the long run.
03-01-2009, 02:20 PM   #25
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
As many others have already said, you are most welcome here, that goes for Festus too.
03-02-2009, 11:41 PM   #26
Inactive Account

Hello Rupert.
I have meant forever to register and visit this forum, and my addiction to your squirrel images was just the last drop that made me do it.
I am looking forward to see more squirrels from you, and also free (as in freedom) and fun discussion with all Pentax users here in this forum.
I am actually glad that we were pushed into broadening our horizons ;-)
03-03-2009, 02:05 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Hi Rupert,

Thought we would see you here or more to the point, festus popping his little head up again.

Good to see you again and welcome to PF, looking forward to your banter once again.

Cheers Neil
03-03-2009, 05:20 PM   #28
Pentaxian

I've never heard of you! But welcome. We don't have squirrels here unfortunately, they look pretty damn cute.
03-04-2009, 02:23 AM   #29

Hiya Rupert

Well, like Rupert, I too have been a member here for some years, Although I have to confess I don't own a Pentax, I have it's sibling, a Samsung GX10, so I have been wary about coming here, as I didn't know what sort of welcome I'd get. But, I guess I'll find out now, won't I?
Ruperts friend Don Allison, has also been banned now, for only one week though, so I expect he'll be back over there with a few kind words for the person that got him banned, which by coincidence, just happens to be the same person, that got Rupert banned, Ron, who posts over there, under the name of brandrx.
So anyway, after a few years, I'm here to say Hi!
By over there, I'm thinking that you all know that I'm referring to dpreview, right?
03-04-2009, 07:05 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Welcome Rupert. I have followed your reports of the adventures of Festus & Co. from the site "behind the iron curtain" and have enjoyed them greatly. I am looking forward to seeing more of his adventures here since they seem to have deported you from there.

A bit OT, but are you planning to having another WSSA membership drive anytime soon? I don't have any squirrel pictures from their normal ranges, but I do have picture of what is sometimes referred to as the "Hawaiian Ground Squirrel"? (Yes, I know that some call it a Mongoose, but give me a break, please!)