Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2009, 04:30 AM   #1

I think I may have put this in the wrong place

I put this post in the thread started by Rupert, as his "Hello", to you all.
Hi there, along with Rupert I have been a member here for a few years, (since Nov. 2006), but I have not been very active here. I've been over at dpreview too. I wasn't sure whether I could post here, as I don't own a Pentax :-(), no, I have the sibling, a Samsung GX10.
Now that, that is out of the way, I'd like to inform you all that another person has been banned for a week, this time. It's Don Allison, Ruperts' "sparring partner." He, (Don), called on brandrx, (Ron, the bloke that got Rupert banned), to e mail him as he, (Don), wanted to have a "chat," with Ron over something about a feller called Festus. Anyway, Don got kicked out for a week too.
So I guess I'll have to wait on you people here, to see if you'll accept me with my Sammy. Cheers from sunny, (today anyway, lol), Wales.
Taffy.

03-04-2009, 04:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome Taffy! If you have Gear specific questions there is a Samsung DSLR sub-forum under the Pentax forum. However for general photo questions and picture posting this forum isn't too strict on what camera you are using to create an image. As this is a Pentax forum we just have a soft spot for Pentax (and some Samsung) cameras I hope you enjoy your romp around these parts and I hope you stay for a while.
03-04-2009, 08:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Taffy!

Of course you are welcome here! Bring your Samsung/Pentax and post away! This is a very friendly site, not full of those "rat-like weasels" that patrol with their little paws constantly on the complaint button, and not a place conducive to running gun battles by trolls and flamers.
If you are serious about your photography, want to learn more, and enjoy the company of like minded members, this is the place to be. I've been back over here a week and not the slightest problem, and I don't anticipate any. Also, this place is "squirrel friendly", which means Festus is a a happy squirrel here!
So...spend a little time learning the site navigation, and enjoy! Bring your friends too, they will also love it here!
Regards!
Rupert
03-04-2009, 12:03 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome to the not-so-dark side Taffy. I told you that you would be more than welcome.

Tim

03-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum and you can see that there is samsung forum to participate. You are welcome to discuss your gear in relevant section. Feel free to post images as you like in post your photo section.

Within the loose boundaries set in each sub-forum regulation, you are as free as a bird
03-05-2009, 09:23 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, we're a pretty easy going bunch in here, unlike it would appear some other forums.
03-06-2009, 01:51 AM   #7

Original Poster
Hi Rupert, I'm afraid I had a bit of a run in over at the other place with sombody that I don't think you're to friendly with, Ron, brandrx. I accused him of being the cry baby that hits the complaint button all the time, and he went off the deep end, ranting about you, and Don Allison, and Lord knows what else, ending up with the fact, that in future he is going to ignore me, and my posts altogether. I'm telling you now Jim, I'm sitting here, (on my birtday too), and the tears are dripping all over my keyboard at the thought of him ignoring me ;-)

EDIT. Sorry Rupert, I forgot to tell you, (if you didn't already know), Don Allison is the latest recipient of a banning order over there. At the moment, it's only a one week ban.

Last edited by Taffy; 03-06-2009 at 02:06 AM.
03-06-2009, 01:55 AM   #8

Original Poster
Hi Mr Apollinax, thank you for the welcome, I'm glad that even though I have a Sammy GX10, and not the K10, I will not be segregated from the rest of the society here. I didn't want to feel like the red haired step-child of your forum ;-)
03-06-2009, 01:59 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by atupdate Quote
Welcome to the not-so-dark side Taffy. I told you that you would be more than welcome.

Tim
Thank you for the welcome Tim, I'm having trouble getting used to the set up over here. But I'm very glad that I don't have to sit in the Samsung forum on my own, as there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity there. Allan
03-06-2009, 02:04 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, we're a pretty easy going bunch in here, unlike it would appear some other forums.
Thanks Kerrowdown, that other forum used to be a pretty good, but lately it's changed a lot. There seems to be a few people over there, who are just spoiling for a fight. Then there are, or is, some sneaking person/persons, who as soon as they see a difference of opinion are hitting the complaint button and getting people banned. I hope to have a better experience here. :-)
03-06-2009, 02:08 AM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Welcome to the forum and you can see that there is samsung forum to participate. You are welcome to discuss your gear in relevant section. Feel free to post images as you like in post your photo section.

Within the loose boundaries set in each sub-forum regulation, you are as free as a bird
Thank you Roentarre, I appreciate the welcome. I hope to be more active here, than I have in the past :-)
03-06-2009, 08:00 AM   #12
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I feel your pain!

Yes, to have Ron make a life changing determination that you are not a "worthy person" is certainly cause for a tear stained keyboard. When he went after me, I was just thankful for the great folks at the "suicide hot line" that brought me back from the edge. I hear Don is in therapy, and doing very poorly, it has pretty much ruined his life to think that a "hairy goat shooter" finds Don's life unworthy.

People here are a little more sane, a little more interested in learning and improving, and less interested in slaughtering their fellow shooters. I like it!
03-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Taffy Quote
Hi Mr Apollinax, thank you for the welcome, I'm glad that even though I have a Sammy GX10, and not the K10, I will not be segregated from the rest of the society here. I didn't want to feel like the red haired step-child of your forum ;-)
We wouldn't treat you like that... unless you are a red-headed step-child
03-09-2009, 12:40 AM   #14

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
We wouldn't treat you like that... unless you are a red-headed step-child
Most definately not, lol. What hiar I have left is dark brown and not red. ;-)
03-09-2009, 12:45 AM   #15

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Yes, to have Ron make a life changing determination that you are not a "worthy person" is certainly cause for a tear stained keyboard. When he went after me, I was just thankful for the great folks at the "suicide hot line" that brought me back from the edge. I hear Don is in therapy, and doing very poorly, it has pretty much ruined his life to think that a "hairy goat shooter" finds Don's life unworthy.

People here are a little more sane, a little more interested in learning and improving, and less interested in slaughtering their fellow shooters. I like it!
HA, HA Rupert, Ron is a nobody mate, an insignificant little nuisance. Do you go lurking over there at all, these days?
I am not finding this site at all easy to get around, everyone is tucked away in their own little hidey hole here, and they take som routing out too, lol.