Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-05-2007, 03:19 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Hello from London, England

Hi all.

I will soon convert to digital and stop borrowing work's Nikon D50. I still shoot B&W film occasionally.. but I love digital.. so convenient.. so cheap.. can't wait to buy new pentax Ksomethingorother!

Christian

04-05-2007, 10:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Christian, you can't go wrong with a Pentax Ksomethingorother!

You'll find some really friendly people here that might be able to help you in your decision of what to get. What kind of photography are you interested in (landscapes, portraits, sports, macro, etc.)?

Carol
04-05-2007, 03:14 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Nice to hear from you! Well I tend to take most of my favourite pics on holiday ( candid photography mostly... you know... markets, street scenes/people, kids etc) And I take hundreds of random snaps with my Pentax S5i compact thing in between. Really more as a record of my life than anything else. Really anything at all.. mostly stuff that makes me laugh.

I aim to take 'proper' photos more often now though (I'd love to supply stock libraries and make a little money from it) and digital would really help me do that as it's so cost effective.

I also want to take photos of my friends band. I've taken some already that you can see on the slide show on their website
www.myspace/jackmaggs

but we were all hideously hungover and they're not the best. I want to take some gig shots of them too soon so that's the kind of equipment I'm after. Good high ISO would be useful for that... but I do like the ability to crop I'm a graphic designer so I'm naturally drawn to cropping everything!) so I'm leaning towards the K10D even though I know the high ISO isn't as good as K100 or Canon cameras - the shots I see at ISO 1600 from canon seem to be so much cleaner. Anyway... that's where I am right now.

As for lenses... not sure yet.

Maybe I should post a few shots of mine to show you all what I like to snap!?
04-06-2007, 12:33 AM   #4

Hi Christian!
Welcome to the forum. I hope you'll like it here.
BTW, you know that an evil Angel Islington lives very near you?

(hint: Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere)

04-06-2007, 01:51 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Hello Lord Yulki!

And wellcome to the forum! I'm looking forward for your photos... btw: the link is not working..
04-06-2007, 03:31 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
oh yes... i forgot the .com

Thanks for the welcoming messages. However I am not really Lord Yulki... my apologies to teh real one... no distress was intended.

http://www.myspace.com/jackmaggs
04-06-2007, 03:32 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Branimir ... I think I had too many Ales last night to know what you are talking about... please enlighten me!

04-06-2007, 11:24 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I really enjoyed the music on that myspace site. And I can't wait for you to pick up your Pentax Ksomethingorother. They are great cams! Welcome to the forums!

04-08-2007, 08:28 AM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Glad you liked the music. That's my friend's band. They're releasing an EP soon so I'll keep you posted!